Saturday, September 01, 2018

14 years later, a post long overdue

14 years ago today my life changed for ever. I lost my precious busy, happy little boy, who had never really been sick, a little guy who used to play, feed himself, sing and talk. God gave me back a little guy who was dependent on a tracheotomy to breathe, a feeding tube to eat and was in a vegetative state, just starred off into space he had no emotions and was not given a lot of hope to live a long life, along with Dr’s saying he’d spend a lot of time in the hospital. I’m thankful to say he’s not been near a hospital close to 3 years:-).

If you had asked me 13 years ago if Luke would be walking and talking at 15 years of age I would of said “definitely” that’s how much faith I had and still continue to have in God for a miracle. I love Luke just as he is, he never has to accomplish anything to get my love, that said I will ALWAYS pray for more for him, more health, more healing, more joy, more independence, more speech, more laughter, more adventures, more life. . .

I truly thank the Lord for Luke and that his life has been spared 3 times from death. This roller coaster ride we’ve been on these last 14 years has been challenging to say the least, that said its also been full of many amazing answers to prayer. I’m continually humbled at the amount of people that tell me they still pray for Luke faithfully, it’s those prayers that have kept him alive and have kept us going. 

I’m grateful that Luke has been healthy enough to go on mission trips, a trip across the country to Missouri to meet his brand new nephew, many camping trips up and down the west coast, a Make a Wish Trip to Florida, we as a family have always tried to include him in as much of our family activities as we are able. That said and to be perfectly honest the bigger Luke grows, he’s almost 100 pounds and as tall as his sister Lily, life gets more challenging. He can no longer shower in our trailer, if it wasn’t for Isaiah and Zeke we would no longer be able to take him camping with our current set up it’s just too hard to get him in and out of our Big Blue van, which to be honest has given us more years of enjoyment then most vehicles. And the only way to get him into our trailer is with one of his strong brothers carrying him up the steps. Even though it keeps getting harder, we will continue to do all we can to include Luke in as much as we are able, I thank the Lord often that I can still carry him:-). 


Please continue to believe for Luke’s miracle because I know that God is able to do ALL things! Thank you for caring and for your faithful prayers!

Just curious to know if anyone still checks this blog?

No comments: