Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Finally a long awaited update, Mexico was awesome and Luke is doing great once again!

I want to begin by apologizing for not taking time to sit down to blog sooner. Tonight I spoke at a home school meeting and one of the mother's there informed me that she checks the blog almost daily and that I had not updated since May 10th. I've actually sat down a few times to blog, but I get distracted with other things that come up. I am extremely grateful to report that Luke did great while I was in Mexico, thank you for your prayers.

On Monday we took the kids to the Zoo for a fun day, Luke kept falling asleep, which he normally doesn't do, which should of been the first clue that he was getting sick, by night he was running a high temperature. The next morning he was really sick, he couldn't keep anything down, including the medicine I was giving to get his very high fever which kept going up to 104, under control. His heart rate was soaring and it did not come down below 150 until about 6:30 that night, he started out doing o.k. with his oxygen levels but that started to change in the early afternoon and before we knew it he was on a mask with 5 liters going. Amy thought I should take him into the Dr. but I just knew that the Dr. wouldn't find anything wrong with him, I can't explain how I knew that , I just did.

I called some prayer warriors to lift Luke up in prayer and continued my prayers for him. I had to run a few errands in the afternoon, as we were out of diapers and a few other essential items, when I came home Luke was doing worse and I knew that I needed to get on my knees and cry out for a supernatural touch from Jesus, or we would be on our way to the Hospital. Gordy came home from work and anointed him with oil and prayed that God would heal him. God is faithful and heard our cries and at around 6:30 his fever went completely away, his heart rate started coming down very slowly, his oxygen levels began to get better, he was on his way to being healthy again. That night I kept going back to his room to check on him and his heart rate was back to normal along with his oxygen levels doing great, there is no explanation for this except to know that God heard our cries and healed Luke. THANK YOU JESUS!!

I kept thinking during that day how I had just shared a testimony at the church down in Mexico about how I believe in miracles, wondering if this sickness was a test of my faith. That day I was discouraged at times, but kept crying out to God to renew my faith. He is so faithful as that is exactly what He did for me. When I cried out to God, I let Him know that it doesn't matter what my eyes see I will not stop believing in a miracle, it was hard but not impossible to do this. I'm thankful to God that He used the testimony that I shared about Luke's journey on both Friday night and Sunday morning to infuse new hope into the people down there in Mexico. The altars where filled up those wanting a touch from God, it was so exciting to lay hands on the sick, praying that they would be healed. I was humbled to hear testimonies of how God is using Luke's story to touch peoples hearts.

Our team had a wonderful time in Mexico, we felt God's presence the whole time we were gone. We not only painted the outside of the church, but the team also painted two Sunday school rooms inside the church. Our team ministered at a children's outreach on Saturday and did two human video's that ministered to the people there. On Tuesday night we went out to the Rehabilitation Center they have there for men who lives are being transformed by God's saving grace, as they give up drugs and alcohol for a new way of Christ centered living. Some of the men from the rehab helped us paint the church and we were blessed by their servants hearts.

While we were at the rehab center God begin to birth a new dream in my heart for going back to bless the men there. The rehab center is there serving these men without asking for a penny from them, they work on complete faith in knowing that God will feed, clothe and provide for these men. Many of the men that go there are at the end of their rope, they show up with only the clothes on their backs and if they were asked for money would not be able to go. Therefore I would like to fill up our van and a trailer with much needed clothing, dishes and food to bless the men there. I hope to plan a clothing drive sometime in the fall. I was thinking as we were being blessed by a delicious meal that the men cooked on huge open fires, thank you Darcy, how many Americans could donate some of their dishes or mugs to bless these men. Some of the dishes we ate off of were very used and in bad shape. Please be praying with me if this is God's will and not just my big heart, that He will put together this missions trip for His glory.

One last note, I took Luke into the rehabilitation Dr. today to talk about him getting some new orthodic's for his knees. He was pleased that though his x-rays showed that his legs are inverted, which you can tell just by looking at his legs, that he does not show any break down of the muscle or any arthritis, which is a huge answer to prayer. He was talking about the future as he sees it, as knowing that we can only make Luke comfortable for the rest of his life and it will probably mean surgery sometime in his future. I told the Dr. that though I wish to make Luke comfortable right now, I put my hope in God, as I am a Christian and believe that God is going to heal Luke and that I believe that Luke is going to walk again someday. He mentioned that it is not his desire to steal hope away from parents he only wants to let them know what is available, which I thought was a nice thing to say. I look forward to the day that I take Luke walking into visit all his good Dr.'s at the Children Specialty Center. I know this going to happen, as I know that all things are possible with God.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

P.S. I will try to post some of the pictures we took from Mexico soon.


Laura said...

Sue thanks for posting this update. You have to know many pray for you family are unseen. I love getting updated. Thanks

annie said...

Hello Sue,
I just checked in tonight and was happy to read about your trip. It sounds so wonderful. Your plans for blessing them also sound wonderful.
You are such a special person, I really was blessed by our phone conversation.

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Diana Johnson-Searles. Tonight, I decided to Google the names of my children, just for fun. In January, I gave birth to my 4th child, Luke. (I have always loved that name), anyway, I googled his name, Luke Searles and found your blogs. I was very blessed to read them and especially blessed to read about your families' unwavering faith in our beloved Lord and Saviour, Jesus. I will continue to read your blogs in the future as I was so blessed by them.

May the Lord continue to bless you and I will keep your precious Luke in my prayers.

Diana Johnson-Searles

TJ said...

Hello I just came across your blog and wanted to say I hope that your son is doing well. We'll be praying for him. God bless,


Teena6 said...

So good to come and see an update. I prayed for your Mexico trip. We have had some changes with Mandi and so hopefully soon she will be able to do some mission trips.

I am praying for Luke... still have his picture in my bible and pray for him.

You all are so special to me....

thanks for sharing about your trip, about God's healing in Luke's life.....

we love you!
your GA friends,
Billy, Teena, Michael, Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley

dr_bristow said...

Dear Sue and family,
I have been thinking of Luke and your family a lot recently, and keeping you all in my prayers. I am so glad your trip to Mexico went well, and am glad to read about Luke's recent touch from God. God definitely has His hand on this little boy! Isaiah 49:16 "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands..."
Blessings and prayers for Luke's complete healing,