Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Luke was finally approved to get the "Vest Machine" and it has been making a huge difference in his life, PRAISE GOD!

Sorry it's taken me so long to update Luke's blog, some days, no I mean weeks, no I guess I really mean months are so very busy. Even now I really should be in bed, but I knew that I couldn't go another day without sharing at least a few words with y'all. I actually sat down a few weeks ago and posted a blog post and then for some reason the computer lost it, can you say frustrating??? It was actually the night before Daniel, Sarah, Natalie and I walked a 5 K to raise funds and awareness for stopping human trafficking. The picture below is right after we finished the walk. It was the day before Mother's Day so after the walk Daniel and Sarah took Natalie and I out to there favorite little Thai restuarant in Seattle, they treated me to a wonderful lunch. We then ended the day playing a game of Settlers of Catan, it was a great day: -)I've been wanting a picture of all the kids lying in a circle for a long time and on Mother's day I talked the kids into laying on the ground for me to take one. I'm such a blessed Mama!
After sharing a wonderful lunch with my parent's, the Rodriguez family, a good family friend Mary and her daughter Rachel, plus a few others, we went on a walk to the Chamber's Creek Park. Even though it was a cloudy day, we all enjoyed ourselves at the park. The kids had blast looking for crabs under the rocks, some of them even got brave enough to pick some of them up.



Luke has been doing so good, Praise God. Our insurance company finally okayed him getting the vest machine. He was quite "junky" the first few days after getting it, but he is now doing so much better during the day and his nights have been amazingly better. We have been okayed for the vest for a month at which time they will re-evaluate Luke's progress to decide whether they will let us keep it. I have to believe that when they hear about how great Luke is doing they will decide to let us keep it here. Even though our insurance company will be paying their part it will still cost us about $150 a month, they are renting it to own it eventually. Luke loves the machine everytime we put it on him he get's such a nice smile, he even makes noises with it sometimes.

I did say I've been busy right?? One of the many things that I did was finally get Luke and the other kids into the dentist. I'm so thankful to say that Luke's teeth look great along with no cavaties for the kids. I can add Dental Hygenist assistant to my list of many different jobs that do on a daily basis, I was there to help keep Luke's mouth open and suction as needed. It was a bit stressful to be honest, but not as stressful as it was for Luke.Oh well, so much for keeping this post short, I guess it's just not possible for me to do that and even though I have so much more to share with you, I'm going to log off and go to bed. Once again I have a very full day tomorrow.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

Here's a video of Luke hooked up to the Vest Vibration Machine. It's hard to believe a little machine like this can cost $16,000, yes I really did mean to say sixteen thousand dollars. It's going to take us a few years to get it paid off that is of course if our insurance company decides to let us keep it, please pray they let us keep it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news, Sue! Rejoicing with you. We pray for Luke nightly. Hugs to you, dear sister.
Amy Lockwood (in AK)

Michelle said...

That is SO awesome! Wow! I love seeing the video of Luke. Made me smile today. We had the opportunity to get one of those for Emily when she was about Luke's age. But I was so sick of technical stuff at that point I said never mind.... I wish I would have done it now. We tried to get it later but as you know, its difficult to get an approval. However, Emily has done okay just using the Flimm-Fighter (electronic percussor - a hand held massager type thing). Its a little heavy to hold for very long but it does the job.

Hugs~
Michelle & girls

Anonymous said...

Sue,
What a HUGE praise!!! Praising the Lord with you on this big victory!!! Blessings to you all! Love, Mary

ParkerMama said...

How much Complete do you need? :D I may be able to help!

Shoot me an email!

hods5mom@aol.com