Monday, June 20, 2005

We had a great weekend with some big challenges!

What a weekend! We had a great time camping and though the weather forecast said that it would be raining all weekend it ended up being beautiful, with some rain, but also a lot of sunshine. Our trailer worked out great for our family, but we are still trying to figure out what will be the best mattress for Gordy and myself, I ended up with quite a bad back ache.

Luke had a hard weekend. The first night was hard with his heart rate going up, but during Friday it came back down and he had a good day. Well that night he went to bed kind of cold and when we woke up to his alarms he had a high fever and had to go on oxygen. I spent the first couple hours up with him and then I finally woke up Gordy to take a shift with him. We decided on Saturday after a late breakfast that we would take him into the urgent care. I volunteered to take him because I wanted Gordy to have a wonderful Father’s Day weekend with the Kids.

It ended up being a very hard day, but I knew that God was right by my side. My mom who had come up to the campground to visit us wanted to follow me into Olympia, but I said no, because I didn’t know where I would have to take him. Needless to say, after calling and finding out that I could take him to the Urgent Care in Olympia, I was wishing that I would of said yes to my Mom’s help with Lily. I called her to see where she was and when she told me, I realized that I must be very near her, just to look up and see her car. She followed me to the Urgent Care and took Lily for me, which was a huge blessing.

When Luke finally got to the Dr. he was not doing well, I had to stop twice to get him to settle down and give him some medicine on the way in. When they hooked him up to the oxymeter his numbers where real bad and his heart rate was above 200, they put him on some oxygen and asked what I could do to help get him settled down, I told them that if I could hold him that would help and sure enough he began to start breathing better and his heart rate began to come down slowly but surely. He does have an ear infection and I told the Dr. that I’m just not sure if the staph infection in his lungs from April had gone away. They did an X-ray and PTL there was no fluid showing up in his lungs, though the Dr. thought it did not look completely clear he did not think it was pneumonia.

I was wondering why God did not heal him of his ear infection and why we had to go into Urgent care, but I really believe it was to see this specific Dr. He said that he was going to put Luke on Augmentin which would help get rid of his ear infection and also get rid of any staph problems he had if that was what was wrong with his lungs.

I ended up going home to get some more oxygen and decided to go on back out to the trailer which was only about an hour away from home and I was so glad I did, Luke began to settle down almost immediately when I got back and he ended up having a great night. The next day I kept looking at him and couldn’t believe what a difference a day could make. He continues to just get better every day. Today he tolerated his feedings great and his lungs have sounded awesome all day long.

I’ll be honest once again and let you know I was really questioning God about why He allowed this to happen this weekend and once again I felt my Heavenly Father ask me if I trust Him, I was having a hard time doing this, but I told God once again I do trust you Lord. He is faithful and I know that He continues to take us down this journey, that we would never have chosen, but He knows that we are able to handle it. I know that He is working in our lives and many others as we continue on.

We ended up having a wonderful Sunday, we decided instead of going into church we would have our own little family service. It was wonderful, we just sang some songs, and each of the kids shared why they appreciate Gordy and read a few scriptures. Afterward we went swimming, then had a wonderful BBQ lunch and ended the day with Gordy going putt putt golfing with some of the kids, while Amy and I brought home Luke and Lily, I couldn’t have asked for a better day.

I have to ask for prayer for a close friend’s daughter. I know that I’ve mentioned Abbie before to you, she is a little girl that had a near drowning accident on May 3, 2004. Needless to say she is far exceeding anything the Dr’s had hoped for, but right now she is very sick and needs your prayers. If you would like to learn more about her just go to and you will be inspired by Tiffany’s faith and what God is doing in her life.

Really quick because I know this is already too long. Lily is doing better and is her happy little self. I did take Isaiah in to the Dr. today and he also has an ear infection, it seems to be going around the family. Please be praying that God will clear up all these infections.

One last side note, Daniel moved back home after completing his year at GTC down in Centralia and we are so enjoying having him back home, though I was saying to Gordy our food budget will probably go up a bit having him here, HA HA. He is working with Greg Gunderson, the dad of the family that he lived with last year and is learning how to do tile work, while saving his money to set up his own music studio. He wants to eventually have his own recording studio to record worship music around the world.

Well that is enough for now. Hope all is going well for you out there in blog land. Happy Summer!

Love in Christ,
Luke’s Mommy Sue


Anonymous said...

Hello! It sounds like you had an exciting time! Glad to hear everything worked out.
How did the new camper work? It looks perfect for you family.
Keeping you in my prayrers!

Teena said...

I am so glad you were able to take a camping trip. I am sorry about Luke getting sick~ although that doctor seem to really help! You are amazing to me~ as you continue to show us all your strength and trust in the Lord.

Your Father's Day sounds wonderful~
so special~

thank you for sharing with us~ and we are continuing to pray for Luke and for all of you~

you mean so much to us~
your Georgia friends,
Billy, Teena, Michael, Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley

april said...

So glad to hear your camping trip went good.
Still praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Sue, I am so glad that all went well on the trip. I was so excited to read that the DR asked you what can you do to settle to settle him down...seems like he thought that you knew what you were doing....I am so glad that your Mom was with you too.
Gordy I am glad to hear that you had a good day and that the other children had fun too. Everythings look good for your fall trip!!! Have a wonderful weekend and know that we are praying.

Blessings, Shane, Julie and Children

Bert said...



Loni said...

Good to hear from you. Sorry to read about Luke's difficulties, but thankful how things worked out. I understand the ups and downs of the emotions. Hope this week finds you having a more peaceful week. Keep in touch - Loni

Augmentin Side Effects said...

My name is Cindy Floyd and i would like to show you my personal experience with Augmentin.

I suffered from Pseudofolliculitis behind my head for years and by chance I got Augmentin from Libya without any prescription. In Europe all the doctors that I consulted could not find solution for this problem so one day I just worked into a pharmacy in Libya and showed it to the Doctor in charge of the pharmacy who adviced me to take Augmentin. I was a bit hesitant but before my returning date (after 5 days) I noticed that all the bumps are drying. and now I'm very proud of my head.

Side Effects :
None…Miracle drug…

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Cindy Floyd