Thursday, December 08, 2005

We Serve a Mighty God, Luke is home once again

Luke came home tonight from the Hospital and he is doing great. We have not had to have oxygen on him since coming home and his oxygen levels have been staying up. I consider this to be a real answer to prayer, oh ye of little faith, if you would of asked me this morning if we would be home tonight and not on oxygen I would of said I doubt it.

We decided to bless the nurses, Dr.'s and RT's with some Krispy Kreme Donuts and it was funny just after passing them out the Dr. came in the room and said that if we were trying to bribe him to let us go home it had worked. All joking aside he listened to Luke and said that he sounds great, which didn't surprise him because he knows how quickly Luke bounces back from these sicknesses he gets. He also offered me a job at he Hospital since I know how to do what is called CPT or Chest Percussions Therapy so well, I of course turned him down, as you could tell we were all in good spirits as we were joking around.

I just want to share with you one more encouraging thing, yesterday when the Dr. was listening to Luke's chest he commented on how it usually seems to be his left lobe that is worse then his right lobe. He said that probably means that Luke is not having problems with aspirations, since the right side of the lungs is usually the side that most kids have a problem with when they aspirate. That was awesome news for me, because everyone assumes that Luke is aspirating and therefore filling his lungs up with his own secretions that he swallows, but I have been telling them that I don't think this is the case since the last swallow gram we had showed it going down into his stomach.

Luke continues to amaze us with more expressions and his eyes are so alert he actually looks right at people when they start talking to him or at least their direction. I am encouraged with the progress he is making and know as I've said over and over again that God is healing Luke slowly, steadily and surely in His timing and the completion of that healing won't be overdue a single day as my favorite scripture from Hab. 2:2 & 3 says.

I pray that you are all doing great, I pray that the Lord will bless you with wonderful health, I pray that you will be blessed spiritually, emotionally and financially, above anything you could possibly imagine. I think about that old song that some of you might recall "I serve a risen savior, He's in the world today, I know that He is able, no matter what men say, I see His hand of mercy, I hear Him when he speaks and just the time I need Him, He's always there, He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today, He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way, He lives, He lives, salvation to impart, you ask me why, I know He lives, He lives within my heart. I'm not sure who wrote this song or if I got all the words right, but I just wanted to let you know that this is what my heart is singing tonight.

We Serve a Mighty God!
Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue.
It's Cindy, not from Yelm anymore, but from California.
You have such strength. I am ashamed to say that I would have broke a very long time ago. I admire your faith in the Lord. He will heal Luke, but like you already know, in His way and in His time. Us humans are so impatient when it comes to the things we want and need. It helps sometimes to remember we are a blink of an eye in the long run.
My family and I are still praying for Luke and your family.
Cindy.
bindress@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! We were really claiming he would be home by the weekend and then I get on the blog today to find that as always the Lord did "above" that. What a praise to find out he went home last night and was sent out with a "blessing" and not a fight. God is soooo good! May you have a blessed weekend ALL together again!! Love, The Hurtado's

Anonymous said...

We have prayed sooooo much.....we KNOW that the "effective fervent prayer of the righteous avails much." God hears and answers.....we have had a "band of prayer warriors" interceding for all of you.....we thank the Lord for what He has done. Love you all very much and hope to see you soon. May you sense God's presence, peace and joy in a "special" way this Christmas Season. Auntie n' Uncle

Anonymous said...

God is so good... I too, was praying and so surprised when I came here tonight to check on Luke.
I posted about him on my blog asking others to pray. PTL PTL Luke is home~ that is so great and the testimony that you have a the hospital is more then we can see with our eyes. I am praying for all of you ... that you will be able to relax and accomplish all that needs to be done so that you can enjoy our Savior's birth! How are Lily, Isaiah, and Zeke?
Isn't Lily Joy ...soon to have a birthday~ her first one! :)
we love you all and rejoicing with you tonight (I love that song)
blessings,
your GA friends,
Billy, Teena, Michael, Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley

Anonymous said...

just thinking about Luke and wanted to check and see how things are. PRAYING and lifting you up to God~
your GA friends,
The Prices