Thursday, June 21, 2007

We heard Luke cry again last night for the first time since his accident

Luke cried last night for the first time since before his accident. We had gone to a park to play and swim all day and as we were driving into the driveway, I guess that he had been in his car seat too long, so he cried. Everyone in the car was amazed to hear him cry, as he has not done that in such a long time. He has moaned before but never actually cried. It got me to crying and I've been teary ever since. I was amazed that as soon as I took him out of his car seat he smiled, so it really meant that he was just uncomfortable. Luke had a great time yesterday swimming, I hope that we will be able to get him into a pool often this summer as he really seemed to enjoy himself.

Luke has also been following more commands lately. The other day when he was in the Hyperbaric chamber I asked him to put up his hand up and touch his nose, which he did and then I asked him to put his arm down and he did that also, he didn't just do it once but at least 3 times after that. Doug the man who owns the chambers was amazed to hear that he is following commands.

As I mentioned above his crying has got me to crying, I've been extremely emotional since last night. My friend had asked me awhile back to share a testimony tonight in her women's bible study group, about our journey these past few years. So needless to say I'm looking forward to sharing tonight, but I'm praying that I won't be a emotional wreck. I'm excited that God has been opening up doors for me to share our testimony of His healing power and constant care in our lives since Luke's accident. Please be praying that God will continue to open doors for me to share about His faithfulness and healing power in our lives, I want more people to realize that God is the same yesterday, today and forever and just as He healed and touched lives thousands of years ago when He walked on the earth, He is still in the healing business today.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot possibly convey how happy I am for Luke and your family. I am filled with joy for you all! The human will to live and survive is incredible. Also the human need for giving and compassion matches this and makes us all successful in balance. My respect for you grows with every post. Thank-you so much for sharing this experience. My thoughts are with you...Bob

Anonymous said...

I'm crying too! God be praised!
Carolyn Young

Anonymous said...

Sue -
It sure was a wonderful gift to meet you today and to hear a portion of your story. Thank you for sharing and I pray the LORD will continue to richly bless you and your family.

with love, pamela

Carmichael Family said...

That is wonderful, so glad to hear Luke is making progress! Way to go Luke!!! Praise the Lord!!! We're keeping up our prayers for him!!!
Catherine and family

Jenni said...

Way to go Luke! That is wonderful news Sue, so glad to hear the updates and progress that Luke is making. Bless you guys this summer, hope it's a wonderful summer!