Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Luke is doing a bit better, PTL!

I am very happy to announce that the Dr. said Luke does not have pneumonia anymore. The x-ray still shows a bit of cloudiness in his right lung, but it looks like the pneumonia is gone. I will know for sure tomorrow when the radiologist has had a chance to confirm the Dr.'s report. Luke is still sick with a ear infection and he has the same virus in his mouth that Lily has been dealing with all week. That explains why his heart rate has been so high all week, he has been in pain, Lily has been absolutely miserable, so I can only imagine Luke has been feeling the same way.

Between Lily and Luke this week I think the longest stretch of sleep I've had has been maybe 3 hours. I thank the Lord for his strength and help as I've been able to keep up with my busy schedule on such little sleep. The scripture God gave me to meditate on yesterday is: He gives power to the weak. And to those who have no might He increases strength. Isaiah 40:29 I'm so thankful to God for his strength.

Please continue to pray that God will heal Luke and Lily of this horrible virus and that it won't spread to others in the family. I've also been thinking about taking him back to the pulmonologist, this is a hard decision as he is the one always suggesting putting back in the trach. Though I'm hoping that perhaps he would have some suggestions on ways to help Luke when is having difficulties in breathing. We continue to need wisdom in Luke's journey, always so many decisions.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

No comments: