Saturday, September 22, 2007

Good News, Good News, Luke's Dr. has given us some good news!

I have some great news to share with y'all. I took Luke into the Dr. on Friday for some blood work, I wanted to be sure that his iron levels were good, last time we had his blood work done he was very anemic, we got the results back today and he is doing great. But, that is not the good news I wanted to share, though it is definitely good.

Let me start at the beginning. I've had a few friends I know go on Make a Wish trips with their children. I have been told recently that we should apply for Luke to get a "Wish trip," well I finally went on line the other night and put in an application stating that we were interested. I received an e-mail back stating that in order to get a "wish" the child's condition must be degenerative, progressive or malignant. Gordy and I talked about whether we thought this is how you would describe Luke and both felt that we did not necessarily see him this way, though we know that anytime he gets really sick his respiratory system puts his life in danger at times.

Now to the good news, as I mentioned I took Luke into the Dr. and was asking him whether he would be willing to fill out a referral for Luke to get a Make a wish trip, I told him what the application said, and that other children like Luke have applied and got a trip. He told me that he does not see Luke as degenerative, progressive or malignant. He said that he sees that Luke is making new neuron connections in the brain and he is definitely getting healthier all the time, and will continue to make good progress as time goes by. He also said that Luke's respiratory system is still not always stable, but is getting better all the time. He volunteered to refer Luke for a Make a Wish, if he could come along. To say I left there wanting to shout Praise the Lord, is an extreme understatement. This is the first time we've heard from a Dr. that Luke's brain is improving and that he getting healthier. This is the same Dr. that told us 2 years ago that Luke would be in and out of the Hospital for the rest of his life. Every time I think about this I want to cry tears of joy. I know God is healing Luke, there is no doubt in my mind, I know this is just the beginning of good reports we are going to be hearing, because I serve a Mighty God who is in the miracle business. Each one of you that have continued to pray for Luke's miracle can take part of the credit for Luke's miracle, your faith has made a difference, thank you!

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

PS I wanted to answer a few questions from our comment page: Alesha asked how to get on the list for the Zander fund donations, I will be honest, I am not sure as we did not ask for a donation they just sent us one. Cindy asked if our life would be easier if we put our kids in school, I would say perhaps and then again perhaps not, right now with Amy and Natalie helping it is going good. Homeschooling is something we feel the Lord has directed our family to do, so until we get a release from God we will continue on, but thank you for asking.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally and completely rejoicing with you!!!!!!!!!!!

God is so amazing and big and loves Luke and his family!!!

How exciting!

Jenni said...

That is awesome! Way better than winning a Wish Trip! :) Bless you guys, keep those praise reports coming.

Carmichael Family said...

Wow, what great news! Praise the Lord! We're keeping Luke in our prayers!

ann said...

What a great report! So happy for your family and I continue to pray for Luke's healing.

Anonymous said...

What great news about Luke. I can only imagine how wonderful it made you all feel. As always, you are in our hearts and prayers....every day!
Love, Pam, Hal, Carl and Pau

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue.
Thanks for answering the home school question. I am glad you did not take offense to me asking it! You are a great woman of God for hearing His voice and following it.
I am so glad Luke is doing so well!
Love, Cindy.
(from L.A. area.)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Sue. One of my first thoughts when I read this was, what an amazing testimony that Luke has been to the doctors.

Love you guys,
Jasmyn

Anonymous said...

Sue, I am so glad to hear that great report!!!! I have been reading a book called "A man called Peter" It's about the life of Peter Marshall. I have thought and prayed for you and Luke as I have read it. If you have not read it already and you get time, (ha, ha) you should read it. I look forward to hearing more about Gods healing had on Luke! I love you and your family. Love, Shane, Julie and Children