Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm Thankful For You, what are you thankful for today?

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Our family had a great day, we ended up eating over at the church annex, which was a great idea since we had 32 for dinner. After dinner we all came over to our home to visit, play games and of course eat dessert. Luke's day started out kind of difficult as he was on oxygen until about 1:00 and then thankfully we were able to wean him off the oxygen and take him over to the church. This week though he has been battling with the cold that Lily gave to Natalie and Natalie shared with Luke. He has been very congested and sleeping a lot this week and had a few very hard nights, but thankfully tonight he seems to be doing a little better.

Here is the list I promised in my last blog.
I'm thankful for:

  • First and foremost for my faith in God. He is what keeps me going each day, always renewing my strength, touching Luke, keeping me focused on what's important in life.
  • My wonderful husband, he's been my best friend for 25 years, always offering a shoulder to cry on and a person to laugh with, he's done an awesome job of providing for our family and he's a great father, showing the children a great example of a Godly man.
  • My incredible children, Daniel who is great at offering a listening ear and helping hand, Amy is a wonderful teacher, cook, driver and who offered to start wrapping Christmas presents today, Natalie always the servant willing to help pick up each evening, teach the boys, and a great cook too, Isaiah who is a little organizer and is getting better a picking up more of the chores each week, Ezekiel who loves helping with both Luke and Lily and is currently teaching Lily how to color in the lines, Luke who brings smiles to each of our faces as he is usually such a smiley guy, Lily who as her middle name expresses brings Joy into each of our lives and she's also getting pretty good at learning how to help pick up her room.
  • My parents who volunteer to come over to help around the house at least once a week and blessing us often with delicious home cooked meals, but most importantly spending many hours a week praying for Luke and our family.
  • My sister Cindy who comes over to help get Luke ready for the day at least two mornings a week. Also my sister Lori who willingly comes over to watch Luke and Lily when I need her. Last but not least my sister Jill who came to spend Wednesday night with us so that she could teach Natalie how to cook a Turkey dinner, so that I wouldn't have to get up early on Thanksgiving Day.
  • My great friend Yoli who so often volunteers to watch Luke and Lily, who also took me to the Hospital after my fall down the stairs and ran Luke and I to appointments last week when I was unable to drive and carry Luke around.
  • Our dear friend who willingly fixed our van for free last week.
  • The Ksen family for taking our family out to Dinner last week.
  • Matt the Rolfer who came to our home on Friday to work with Luke, so that we wouldn't have to make that long drive out to see him.
  • That Luke has not been to the Hospital in over 19 month's and that God has kept him pretty healthy for the most part during that time.
  • That my ankle is feeling so much better in fact I was able to go for a walk and bike ride today.
  • I'm thankful for all those people that still follow Luke's blog faithfully and have not given up praying for Luke and our family.
The danger in writing out a list like this is the fact that I've probably missed someone, if so I'm very sorry, just know that I'm thankful for all that have made this journey that we've been on for the last 3 years easier.

Last but not least I would like to ask for prayer for two families: If you follow any of the Prayer links listed to the left you've probably prayed for Gail. I just want to ask you to keep her family in your prayers as she passed away a few weeks ago from the brain cancer that she had. Also please keep Madeline in your prayers, she is a sweet little 3 year old that is currently in the Hospital. She is once again in critical condition and needs a miracle from God. I was able to meet her and her parents and they are some of the sweetest, most amazing people I've ever met. Their faith in God is amazing and unshakable, they have taught me more than I can begin to express on this blog.

Be blessed today and if you get a minute I would love to hear what you are thankful for today.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue




8 comments:

Skinners said...

I'm thankful for:

*Father God who surrounds us with beauty that refreshes us when life seems hard.

*for Jesus who was willing to leave the splendors of heaven to come live among us, give His life for us that we might live with Him forever, and is always there for us.

*The Holy Spirit who comforts and guides me in the best of times, the worst of times and just plain all the time.

*my family, Tom my husband of thirty years, my children whom I love dearly, my Dad and Mom who have show us the gift of giving, my sisters and their families who bring so much joy to my life, my brother and his wife that we get to see every few years, and all my other many relatives that are so loved.

*my family also being my friends.

*my friends that are many and especially the ones the stick it out during the hard times. They are more precious than gold, silver and gems.

*the goal set before us of eternity with Father God. That in that day we will say, “It was worth it all.”

Love ya all, Auntie Cindy

Anonymous said...

Right now the joy of the Lord is my strength. Thankfulness is a choice, not depending on things happening around me. When I start counting all the things to be thankful for; the sadness turn to joy.

ann said...

You have a great "Thankfulness" list. I, too, am most thankful for my relationship with God! I have a great husband who is loving and kind. He was amazing while I was caring for my Mom who lived with us for almost four years. He never complained about having her here even though a great part of my time was spent caring for her. He was so understanding of my need to have my mom here, especially in those last few months of her life, allowing me to quit work and care for her full time for the last year of her life.
I'm so thankful that I could have her here with me - to be able to love her and care for her and sit with her, praying, crying and sharing those last few months of her life. I am thankful that she was here, at home, when she passed from this life - home with family beside her!
I'm thankful for my children. My three daughters, their husbands and their children. My son, who is my baby and will turn 18 in January. They all give me such joy and I'm so proud to call each one my child!
I'm thankful for the experience I've had blogging - learning, first of all, how to get started. Even more so, for the friends that I've met through blogging! I never realized that I would be able to meet so many Godly women who also blogged! I've learned so much from so many - including you, Sue. Thank you for sharing your Thankful list and for allowing me to share mine.
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the Lord, and his strength. I am thankful for my new job. I am thankful for my family.
in order it is The Lord, My family, then my job. lol.
Cindy.

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Thank you for your postings. I know I don't comment often, but I do read your blog and you are so encouraging to me.
Take care Dana
p s I have lost your email address.

Carmichael Family said...

I love your thankful list...God truly has blessed your family abundantly! Praying for Luke's health and as always his full healing!
Blessings,
Catherine and family

Anonymous said...

I AM THANKFUL FOR LUKE... FOR SUE... FOR YOUR WHOLE FAMILY.

Thank you for mentioning the nativity. YOU are the first family we ever *did* that project on~ we only did it one other time to a friend in Oregon. :)

I thought about doing it this year but ??? I am planning on doing it for us :) Each year I say I am and then I do not. :(

I understand about JOY~ although we walk a different path in our lives~ I feel we struggle with some of the same emotions. I hope that is ok to share.

YOU are so right I miss my Dad so very much~ if I could just talk with him one more time... but then again... I know in my heart what he would say. I know he walks with Jesus. :)

At times with the *other* struggles I have shared with you I feel the darkness at times creep in. My children need the stability of me... they need to see that mama's strength comes from the Lord and HE will carry us through.

I see the slippery slope of sin... the enemy trying to destroy our family. I turn to the Father and cry out to Him for His mercy... which is NEW each morning ... as I look at the banner you sent me and remember YOU my dear friend.

I do pray for Luke's complete healing~ he is so very special to us.

My children love this season as I am sure your children do... Isaiah and Zeke.... your girls and my Mandi are such wonderful helpers.

sorry so long~ kinda rambling.
our love & prayers~
Your Georgia Friends
Billy, Teena, Michael,Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley

alane said...

Dear Sue,
I am thankful for all God has done in my life and for his eternal love! Praying for your ankle, Luke's healing, and for him to stay healthy during this winter season!
Love, Alane
P.S. I just sent you an email