Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, how lovely it is to have a live one!

Praise God, Luke has been doing great this week. He has not needed any extra oxygen and his nose has finally stopped running non-stop. He seems to be communicating more lately, two nights ago he was making new noises, I asked him to repeat it and he did, this was the first time he has done that.

Listed below are some pictures of our family getting our Christmas tree, this was the first year since Luke's accident we cut down our own tree. We used to do that every year, but the past years have been so challenging at times, we just didn't have the energy to go out there and do it. As you can tell this is a tall tree, the tallest one we've ever had.



The little guys wanted to help so Gordy and Daniel let them carry the tree, before they got tired they were having a great time.

You can probably tell by the way we have Luke bundled up it was a very cold day, in fact when we got home I was hoping that we wouldn't regret taking him because his nose started running again, but by the time he went to bed he was doing great.
Gordy took the kids to the Festival of Trees a benefit for Mary Bridge Hospital, while they were there Isaiah, Ezekiel and Lily got to sit on Santa's lap. You'll never guess what Lily told Santa that she wanted, it was a Christmas tree, you see we hadn't got our tree yet and after seeing all the beautiful trees she knew that was what she wanted. She continued to ask for one everyday until we finally got our tree put up. Luke wasn't in the picture because that was the day I took him to Urgent Care.
I will soon post a picture of Luke on Santa's lap. We went to the Children's Therapy Unit Christmas Party today and all the kids sat on his lap. Luke was intrigued by Santa, in fact he almost laughed, his smile was so big.

The joy that the Lord gives you will make you strong. Nehemiah 8:10c. This scripture is so true, when I'm joyful I'm full of energy and when I'm depressed I'm usually very tired. I thank the Lord each day for His strength, He is so faithful to give it to me when I ask.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

PS Please continue to pray for Klinton and Madeline, they are both in need of a miracle today. Also please pray for Izzy's family they have been without power for days because of the ice storm that hit their area in Oklahoma.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read that Luke almost laughed and that this smile was so big I got tears in my eyes! Ask anyone, that is not usual for me!
I am so happy right now!
Thank you for the wonderful morning news!
Cindy.

Skinners said...

I love the pictures. God is so good.

James 1: 17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

As we celebrate Christmas we remember the greatest gift of all. JESUS

“Lord Jesus, we ask You to be with Klinton, Madeline, and so many others that are crying out to You for healing. You are the LORD of the miraculous and can do all things. Our heart’s cry is for total restoration nothing is impossible with you. We trust You absolutely. Thank You Lord for all the wonderful things You do for us everyday. We love You, Lord Jesus”

Love ya all, Aunt Cindy

Carmichael Family said...

Those are great pictures! Good to hear Luke is doing so well!
Catherine and family

ann said...

I love the pictures! You have such a beautiful family! I'm glad you were able to go and cut down your Christmas tree again this year and rejoicing that Luke is doing so much better and making some new sounds! Things are getting better here in OK believe it or not - although they are predicting snow to start sometime during the night. Jody, my husband and Annie's brother took a generator from my sister's over to their Dad's house night before last. He told Jody that Annie's kids all were able to come over and shower so that was a good thing! Every night as I come through town I check to see if the streets are lit up yet where Annie and my in-laws live, but nothing yet! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
In His Love and Blessings,
annb