Here is the list I promised in my last blog.
I'm thankful for:
- First and foremost for my faith in God. He is what keeps me going each day, always renewing my strength, touching Luke, keeping me focused on what's important in life.
- My wonderful husband, he's been my best friend for 25 years, always offering a shoulder to cry on and a person to laugh with, he's done an awesome job of providing for our family and he's a great father, showing the children a great example of a Godly man.
- My incredible children, Daniel who is great at offering a listening ear and helping hand, Amy is a wonderful teacher, cook, driver and who offered to start wrapping Christmas presents today, Natalie always the servant willing to help pick up each evening, teach the boys, and a great cook too, Isaiah who is a little organizer and is getting better a picking up more of the chores each week, Ezekiel who loves helping with both Luke and Lily and is currently teaching Lily how to color in the lines, Luke who brings smiles to each of our faces as he is usually such a smiley guy, Lily who as her middle name expresses brings Joy into each of our lives and she's also getting pretty good at learning how to help pick up her room.
- My parents who volunteer to come over to help around the house at least once a week and blessing us often with delicious home cooked meals, but most importantly spending many hours a week praying for Luke and our family.
- My sister Cindy who comes over to help get Luke ready for the day at least two mornings a week. Also my sister Lori who willingly comes over to watch Luke and Lily when I need her. Last but not least my sister Jill who came to spend Wednesday night with us so that she could teach Natalie how to cook a Turkey dinner, so that I wouldn't have to get up early on Thanksgiving Day.
- My great friend Yoli who so often volunteers to watch Luke and Lily, who also took me to the Hospital after my fall down the stairs and ran Luke and I to appointments last week when I was unable to drive and carry Luke around.
- Our dear friend who willingly fixed our van for free last week.
- The Ksen family for taking our family out to Dinner last week.
- Matt the Rolfer who came to our home on Friday to work with Luke, so that we wouldn't have to make that long drive out to see him.
- That Luke has not been to the Hospital in over 19 month's and that God has kept him pretty healthy for the most part during that time.
- That my ankle is feeling so much better in fact I was able to go for a walk and bike ride today.
- I'm thankful for all those people that still follow Luke's blog faithfully and have not given up praying for Luke and our family.
Last but not least I would like to ask for prayer for two families: If you follow any of the Prayer links listed to the left you've probably prayed for Gail. I just want to ask you to keep her family in your prayers as she passed away a few weeks ago from the brain cancer that she had. Also please keep Madeline in your prayers, she is a sweet little 3 year old that is currently in the Hospital. She is once again in critical condition and needs a miracle from God. I was able to meet her and her parents and they are some of the sweetest, most amazing people I've ever met. Their faith in God is amazing and unshakable, they have taught me more than I can begin to express on this blog.
Be blessed today and if you get a minute I would love to hear what you are thankful for today.
Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue