Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July

I hope that each one of you had a wonderful 4th of July. Our family had a great day! We went to a park down by my parent's home in Lacey, the kids had fun playing on the toy, except for the few times that we had some rain showers. Luke had a great day also, he had fun being at the park with all the family and even had a chance to play some kid baseball, with some plastic bats and balls. I helped him hit the ball and then ran him around the bases to get a home run, he really seemed to know that people were cheering him and the smile on his face was priceless, I wish we would of had the camera ready to take a picture. We did get some good pictures that I will get up soon. Then we went to my sister Jill and her husband John's home for more BBQ and lots of fireworks, thanks to their wonderful neighbors and our good friends the Hohn family.

I've had a few people ask me how Luke's appointments went? Well kind of what I expected, though difficult never the less. The Orthopedic Dr. took x-rays and after examining Luke basically told me that there is nothing we can do for Luke's knee's until he can get big enough to get a Baclafen pump. Surgery would not be a good thing right now, though possibly would be in the future, though once he would have that surgery his legs would no longer be able to go straight and he would never be able to walk again, which according to the Dr. wouldn't be a problem since there is no hope of him walking anyway. I had to remind myself repeatedly that day that I don't put my hope in Dr.'s but in God. His rehab Dr. wants to try some botox in Luke's wrists and arms to see if we can get his hands to straighten out so that he would have better use of them. I'm praying about this option right now.

God is so good to encourage me with this excerpt from Streams in the Desert:
My words. . . will come true at their proper time. (Luke 1:20)
What the Lord has said. . . will be accomplished (Luke 1:45)

The Lord is sure to accomplish those things
A loving heart has waited long to see;
Those words will be fulfilled to which she clings,
Because her God has promised faithfully;
And, knowing Him, she ne'er can doubt His Word;
He speaks and it is done. The mighty Lord!

The Lord is sure to accomplish those things,
O burdened heart, rest ever in His care;
In quietness beneath His shadowing wings
Await the answer to your longing prayer.
When you have "cast your cares," the heart then sings,
The Lord is sure to accomplish those things.

The Lord is sure to accomplish those things,
O tired heart, believe and wait and pray;
Peacefully, the evening chime still rings,
Though cloud and rain and storm have filled the day.
Faith pierces through the mist of doubt that bars
The coming night sometimes, and finds the stars.

The Lord is sure to accomplish those things,
O trusting heart, the Lord to you has told;
Let Faith and Hope arise, and lift their wings,
To soar toward the sunrise clouds of gold;
The doorways of the rosy dawn swing wide,
Revealing joys the darkness of night did hide.
Bessie Porter

Matthew Henry said, "We can depend on God to fulfill His promise, even when all the roads leading to it are closed. 'For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" [So be it] is spoken by us to the glory of God' [2Cor. 1:20]."

I thank the Lord for his wonderful way of reminding me that He will accomplish those promises that he has told me. I can not lose hope or stop trusting in Him to complete the work he has began, though some days it would be easy to stop believing I know I can't therefore I have to hold on tight to the loving hand of my Precious Heavenly Father and know that He really does know best and is in complete control of all the timing in the universe, which includes the day of Luke's complete healing.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baseball sounds like so much fun!
Matt and I were talking this morning and we agreed that if we were told if we walked to New Jersey and once we got there Izzy would be healed... we'd start walking; or if we were told there was a shot that would cost so much we would have to sell everything we own to buy it but it would without a doubt heal her, we'd sell everything... not thoughts about it. The price has already been paid. Trusting God and letting go of the control is so difficult. I just know that I know that I know that God is faithful and has perfect timing. I am continuing to rely on Him and trust His timetable. I believe our kiddos will walk, and run, and play!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe a doctor would tell you there is no hope. That is wrong. When God is in control there is ALWAYS hope.
I wish I could have seen those smiles at baseball yesterday!
How are Chuck and Shirley? I think of them often.
Cindy.

Tammy and Parker said...

You have such a beautiful heart. You faith inspires me.

Ignore the doctor. He sees things from the eyes of science. He forgets the power of faith.

Anonymous said...

Sue love the report .... sounds like fun at the park. I would love to see pics. I am praying too about Luke's knees. YES, keep looking at HIS WORDS... the enemy wants to rob us of our joy.

Much love,
Teena

Tiffany said...

Well, I guess that doctor just didn't realize that, as a future shortstop, Luke will probably be RUNNING more than walking:)! I know how tough those appointments can be, and how those words can echo for far too long. I am praying for the Lord to move BOLDLY on Luke's behalf in regards to his knees. Thinking of you always...

Anonymous said...

Sue:
You are a rock. I thank God for people like you who lift us up and inspire our faith. God is so good and loves us all so much and when we completely trust him, He rewards us. I'm sending up a prayer for Luke's complete healing right now.
Ann