Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wow, What a Week!

So much has happened since the last time I wrote. Perhaps I should start with the latest happenings and work my way back in time. Yesterday I got a call from my dad saying that my sister Jill and my mom had been in a car accident. At first we thought it wasn't too bad, but the more we heard about it, it kept getting worse all the time. Jill was driving my Mom's car on the way home from a special birthday outing when all of the sudden a car came straight at them in their lane, to try to avoid the car my sister pulled the car off the road into a deep ditch, the car hit my parent's car on the driver's front side and it ended up flipping over onto it's side. Jill was able to get out of the car with some help from the neighbor across the road and then they had to cut out the front windshield to get my mom out. They both rode in an ambulance to the nearest hospital. Long story short they both ended up being fine, except for some bruising of the lungs for my mom and some soreness for both of them. It is a huge answer to prayer, because as you can see the car you would have to think that they would of both been far worse.
As mentioned in my last post we've had our home on the market now for just about 3 weeks and we had one offer that fell through, we showed it again today but still no more offers. It has been challenging and stressful to keep the home show ready at all times. The home we are wanting to move into is contingent on the sale of our home, we have until June 1st to sale our home before we will need to renegotiate with the sellers for a new contract. I was really beginning to get stressed out about all of this on the way home from taking my dad to get his car cleaned out today, when I had a really good prayer time on the way home. I once again realized that I have no control over when our home sales, only God does, I just have to trust Him to know that He has a plan and He will allow our home to sale when it is his perfect timing.

Here I am with my Daniel Boy on Mother's Day, standing in front of our home

Here I am on a walk with my family on my birthday

I celebrated my birthday two weeks ago and guess what I got a new camera, so my goal in life to is post more pictures more often, so today you will be seeing all kinds of pictures. I had a great birthday, I feel so blessed:-}
Luke getting kisses from Auntie Jill
Luke getting lovies from Zeke

Luke getting a kiss from Daniel

Lily giving Lukie some more kisses

Luke has been doing pretty good lately, he seems to finally be getting over this pneumonia he's been dealing with for so long. I ended up taking him into the Neurologist a week ago, he seems to be having some seizures lately and a had a few scary ones about a month ago. He is scheduled to have a 24 hour EEG done on June 1st. I'm not looking forward to this stay as it will be videotaped the entire time, but I know that we need to do this so we can get some answers to what has been going on lately. Luke seems to be more stiff lately, it really doesn't seem possible that he can be any tighter than he usually is but he has been and I'm not sure why. I will be taking him up to Seattle Children's Hospital next week for an appointment with an Orthopedic Dr. that I've heard is great to see what he thinks we can do for his knee's and hips.Luke's OT has been working on trying to get Luke to communicate better with us and also trying to get him to not be so hyper sensitive. We have decided because it is so expensive to take Luke to two appointments a week we are cutting it down to just one with the OT for awhile so we can concentrate on these very important issues.
Here's Luke in the balls with his OT

Once again I've stayed up way too late, so I bid you farewell my friends,
Luke's Mommy Suzi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't had a chance to comment lately but all of you remain in my thoughts and prayers as well as my mother's. We just went through selling our house and it wasn't any fun. We lost a contingency on one house and it was absolutely devastating but God knew better than we did and we got a house that works so much better for us than the first one would have. So, don't lose hope. I just put a link to Luke's blog on my new blog site. I had someone stalking me on the old one and had to create a new one that is a little more private. Feel free to check it out:
http://ragamuffinnurse.wordpress.com/

Much love to you and your family,
Jennifer Montgomery

Teena said...

oh wow.... what a week for you. HUGS.

PRAYING for Luke....

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the pics.

Hey, Luke has lost some teeth. WOW. When did that happen.

I did think of you a lot when we went to Kennesaw. I am so thankful for our friendship.

Hey, did I miss YOUR BIRTHDAY? I didn't even see it on fb... or did I. UGH. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND.

love you,
Teena

kelly said...

Wow, what a week indeed!

Sending prayers up regarding the sale of your home and also of course for Luke and you & your family!

The pictures are awesome and look forward to more with your new camera. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Which style are you looking links of london for?Your two main choices would be a solitaire or links london bracelet a cluster style. The solitaire has a single gem london links charms in the middle of the ring with no other stones on the ring, whereas the cluster has a larger jewel set in the middle of the ring and smaller links of london watches sale stones surround it. After deciding on which style you prefer you can move discount links of london rings towards deciding on a stone to place in the setting.Does your future wife prefer any stone to the others? A pearl is a classic stone that has cheap links of london necklaces been adored throughout the ages; many women love its elegance. Two beautiful stones you might want to cheap links of london earrings consider would be the stunning blue sapphire or the rich red ruby. Both elegant stones can stand sweetie bracelet in their own sophistication and beauty.