Sunday, October 31, 2010

Some Weeks Are Just Hard PERIOD.

This past week began with a gift from God, some of my dear friends called me last week saying that they would like to invite me to the beach for a mom's get away weekend. Gordy gave me his blessing and I took off Friday evening for Seaside, OR. When I got down there it was a beautiful night on the beach, no wind at all. I had a wonderful moonlit walk on the beach, it was a precious time of prayer and singing praises to God. The weekend was very relaxing and fun, just what I needed before coming home to a very hard week.

Gordy told me that Luke had been junky all weekend, he was up most of Saturday night suctioning him and repositioning him to get him to breath better. I decided after getting home Sunday evening that I would give him the night off, that ended up being a nightmare night, full of constant suctioning, praying and alarming. I didn't get to bed until around 4:30 a.m. The next morning I was not able to sleep in so needless to say I only got a few hours of sleep. That night I was once again up until about 3:30 a.m. The next morning I had to be up early to get ready to go speak to my Aunt and Uncle's senior group at their church, of course I was speaking on my journey with Luke, I spoke about God renewing my hope and faith, of how God continually renews my strength, about my motto in life being I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. . . That night I would be tested to see if I still believed those things at 3 a.m. when I was up again suctioning and repositioning Luke.

Wednesday morning I decided I should take Luke into the Dr. to see if he had any suggestions on ways to get Luke's congestion cleared up. The Dr. basically told me once again that Luke's lungs sounded fine, in fact he told me that he heard really good air exchange and told me that his atalectis has definitely cleared up, that was good news indeed! He told me to try giving Luke some breathing treatments and some decongestant. It has been helping somewhat though tonight once again he's alarming off and on about every 15 minutes. That's why I'm sitting here at 3:55 a.m. blogging this post.

I will blog again within the next few days to give you all the names of the 12 ladies coming to the retreat for Mom's of near drown children. The details are coming together nicely, though there have been a few times this week I've thought to myself, have I bit off more than I can handle with all the many details to bring together. Then I remind myself that God is the one directing me and guiding to give me the wisdom and strength to get everything taken care of, I know it's going to be a wonderful weekend.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue


Lindsey and Santana said...

I have spent many of those nights praying for you. is it possible it is contagious through typing?! I can't believe Santana jumped on board with Luke.

Did they record your speaking engagement at your Aunts church? I bet it was absolutely wonderful.

I think and pray for you often! 12 ladies! WOW 2 more have been added. This will be so awesome to meet other woman who walk the same walk! IF there is ANYTHING I can do... Please let me know!!!!!


annie said...

Praying for you my sweet friend... wish I was closer and could help you with the details :).