Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Luke could use your prayers today, he is one sick cookie boy!

Luke could use your prayers right now. Last night he came down with a very, very runny nose and cough, it was so bad it would make him throw up. After spending most of the night suctioning him, I thought perhaps he was doing a little better, but no it was only the respite before the huge storm. When I realized that his temp was at 104 and his heart rate was not coming down on top of the fact that he was on 2 to 3 liters of oxygen I thought I should take him into the Dr.'s office. They immediately sent Luke in for x-rays and lab work, the x-rays came back looking okay, no pneumonia, which is great news, but then it was the try to figure out what Luke did have game. It was kind of scary at times because for a while I thought we were on our way to the hospital, the Dr. thought that Luke should probably go there, but after asking what they could do that I couldn't it was decided to let me take him home with a bunch of directions to follow and to watch him closely to be sure that he was getting better.

All that to say Luke is doing a little better tonight, actually much better over the last two nights. His fever has finally come down to the low 100's, his heart rate has come down also, now we are just waiting for his oxygen levels to go back up. I hope and pray that tomorrow when we all wake up he will be doing great and that all the prayers were said today and last night will have done their wonderful job and that Luke will be feeling great once again.

I'm off to bed for what I'm hoping is a good, uninterrupted night of sleep, I can always hope can't I?? I am officially exhausted! I hope and pray that I will find the time soon to update the blog with other news and put up some pictures.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Praying for Luke today. Hoping you get some rest too!

Love and Hugs from here,

Michelle & girls