Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bad news, Luke's lungs are not good, Good news, Christ died on the cross for my sins and took the stripes upon His back so that we can be healed!


Here is one of the many pictures I took when we went to see the tulip fields, they were gorgeous!
It's a beautiful day and I'm so thankful for so many things, Luke is healthy, we are getting the lawn mowed, I'm getting the laundry done, the kids are coloring Easter eggs for tomorrow, I lost another pound, down 24 pounds and still going strong, I'm going to go for a walk in a little bit to enjoy the warm sunshine, I think you get the picture: -)

I had to bundle Luke up during our walk yesterday, even though the sun was shining it was still cold and windy outside.

Yesterday was beautiful to, but not so fun. It started out early with making Luke's formula once again, I'm so thankful for Amy, Natalie, Lance, Jamison, Isaiah, Ezekiel and Lily for their help we got done in record time, woohoo! After that I went to get my nails done, they were looking pretty bad. Came home picked up Luke, Lily and Zeke to go for a walk around Lake Waughop. Gordy, Isaiah and Amy went to a Mexico Missions trip meeting, they are going down there in June. After taking the kids to the park we splurged and went to eat at McDonalds and I let the kids play on the toys for awhile, I got home put Luke to bed, gave Lily a bath, got the boys in bed and then I took off to the store to get a few things for Easter. There's my day in a nutshell.
While I was walking around the lake with the kids I got a call from Luke's pulmonologist with some bad news. He informed me that the Luke's chest CT showed that Luke does indeed have bronchiectasis, especially in his lower left lobe. It's so bad right now that it looks like it has pus and infection in there, which made me confused as to why Luke is doing so good right now, seems to me and the doc that he should be running constant fevers and being sick with the way his lungs look. He told me that he still thinks that the best thing for Luke will be to get a trache again, that eventually if he has lots of problems and pneumonia's they might want to look at taking out part of his lung, but they would definitely not do that unless Luke is trached. I was devastated to hear this news, but thankfully I've once again decided to turn it completely over to God. We do not have another appointment with this doctor until the end of July, I'm praying that over the next few months Luke will stay healthy and when we do go back in for that appt. we will be able to put off what would seem be inevitable trache procedure. He told me that Luke could die if he got another pneumonia, I think we already knew this to be true since we almost lost him when he had his last bad pneumonia in February.

The kids can not pass up on the opportunity to climb up on a stump and get their picture taken.

Gordy and I talked about it last night and we've both come to the conclusion that Luke could die whether he get's a trache or not, it's always a possibility and has always been one. We've known for years that he is so fragile, that has not changed. Please join us in praying that God will reach down and completely heal his lungs and restore them back to perfection, I know this would be so easy for God to do, for he is the One who originally formed his lungs when he was in the womb.

Here I am in front of one of the many tulip fields

I hope and pray that y'all have a wonderful Easter day, celebrating Jesus resurrection from the grave. What joy and great peace it brings to my life knowing that Jesus willingly died on the cross for me to be saved, He took painful stripes upon his back for us to be healed, He healed the sick and brought hope to the hopeless. PRAISE GOD, I'm thankful for the fact that when He went to heaven, He left the Holy Spirit to bring us power and comfort, without that I don't know where I would be today.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

You can tell by our smiles we had a great day, can you tell we are related?


2 comments:

Jean said...

Praying for you, Luke and the whole family. Praying for peace in every decision...and in every day of no decisions.

Love,

Jean

PS. The tulips are beautiful--I think they waited until you got there to pop out, because the two times I was up there this month, there was nothing!

jodi pesicka said...

In dec.1999/jan. 2000 Justine was so sick and on a vent in the hospital. We were told she had lost the elasticity in her lungs and that her lungs were so bad they wanted to remove part of them. They called in a cardio thorasic surgeon and he said they were so bad that he would not could not do it. They wanted to do a trach and of course we refused at that time and they decided to do a broncoscope and basically vaccumed out her lungs. We seen a huge improvement after the first one and ended up doing 2 more times and she went from calling in family in the middle of the night to say goodbye several times to getting off the vent after 4 weeks and going home. These kids are fragile but are so strong willed. As all her doctors have learned and we remind them everytme she gets sick is not to give up cause these kids do not seem to have that in them. They will fight as long as we continue to fight. I know that I have said this before and I will say it again since getting the trach that we too fought for more years than I know, she is able to clear all the secretions in her lungs and she has absolutely no more o2 desat alarms at night and no more apnea alarms. Most important she has not had not one pneumonia since march 2005. I am praying that you find the right answers for you, your family, and mostly luke. I am praying you find peace in whatever decisions you make.