Saturday, September 10, 2011

I know I've said it before, but I have to say it again, life has been way too busy lately!

Life has been soooooo very busy lately. Let me see . . . Since I last blogged I helped moved my parents, had a way too much fun Labor day weekend, we went to NW Trek on Friday, the beach on Saturday, Seattle on Sunday and finished off the weekend at Mt. Rainier National Park on Labor day, had appointments to go to, a speaking engagement, endoscopy procedure for Luke and the list goes on . . . . .

Here's our group up at the top of Mt. Rainier at Paradise

Natalie was in charge of the SMORES the night at the beach, Yoli is being her silly self
Daniel, Sarah and thier cute little dog at the beach bonfire, after spending the say surfing.

Luke and I after I had pushed him up the a very steep trail up beyond Paradise lodge

Amy & Lance at the Mountain

Sarah and Daniel at the entrance to Mt. Rainier National Park, it was her first visit there
Check out this tree, a beaver did this, we saw a huge beaver dam on one of our walks up at the mountain.

Here are some of us after we ate our lunch getting ready to go on a small walk at Longmire.
Crazy times in the van, the only person that wasn't there was Josh, he decided that he needed to stay home to rest up for his week of work.

Gordy, Luke and I waiting for Luke to get his IV done so that they could put him out for his endocospopy procedure.

Luke was doing really good for awhile, then we took him on part of our too much fun weekend, which ended up being too much for him, needless to say he had a hard night on Monday night and part of Tuesday, then he seemed to get better again. He was doing really good until his procedure on Thursday, which brought good news in the fact that they didn't see anything really wrong with his stomach or digestive tract, but after the procedure he has had a lot more secretions. The Dr. prescribed Nystatin because of what he thought was some yeast problems in his esphogaus, though we won't know for sure until the results come back from the tests they are running on it. Anyway I was supposed to give him 2 mls of Nystatin in his mouth twice a day, but after 7 years of not having near to nothing in his mouth Luke doesn't swallow very well, he just makes horrible faces and spits it out or chokes on it. Last night was quite the challenging night as I was once again having to suction him most of the night. Tonight he seems to be doing better, thank goodness.

Next week we are starting our 17th year of home schooling. I'm hoping to be more involved in the schooling this year, after letting either my sister Cindy, Amy and Natalie do most of it the last few years of which I'm extremely thankful to them for all their hard work. This year Natalie has said that she will come over twice a week to help with Luke in the morning and Cindy will continue to come twice a week, freeing me up to focus on schooling the other kids. Our number one focus this year will be to see how many Bible verses we can memorize as I feel we have lacked in this area the last few years, then of course we will still have math, reading and writing each day, with science thrown in there and some living history readings, piano lessons once a week, the YMCA twice a week and I'm sure there are other things that I'm forgetting right now. I am also going to try to go to the YMCA with the kids this year, this will be first time I'm back at the Y since Luke's accident, a lot of the people there have thought at times that Amy was the mom, since she was so faithful to take them each week, of which I'm so grateful for her help.

I really feel like I need to make homeschooling more of a priority in my life to pour into my other children's lives, Luke has dominated my life for so many years now, not because I have wanted it that way but because it has needed to be that way. Would you be willing to pray that God will allow me to make these changes in my life, that some how I will be able to balance the need for all of Luke's appointments and medical needs with the needs of my other children? I'm going to give this new schedule at least a 3 month period at which time I will re-evaluate how it is all working out.

I have to have Luke at the hospital at 7:45 am Wednesday morning for a ultra sound of his stomach and digestive tract and then we go in for a x-ray study of watching how long it takes him to digest his food. Needless to say it will probably be a full day there. Will you join with me to pray that he does fine and that everything shows to be working fine? I will let you know how things turn out.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue


Jean said...

I will pray for your schedule and for his procedures. Keep us posted!

Jean said...

I'm anxious to hear how the food processing thing went last Wednesday. How are things going?