Thursday, March 29, 2012

Oh, what to do, what to do?? What would you do if you were in my shoes??

I'm in a quandry, Luke has been fighting getting sick lately, which has been going on for about a week now. Last night was a NOT a good night at all, getting up every few minutes to fix his oxygen cannula or change the amount of oxygen he was needing. The reason I haven't taken him to his Dr. is because he doesn't seem to be running a fever, therefore I don't think he has pneumonia or anything major. I'm thinking it might be the weather changing or some allergies, who knows though, I sure don't, would you?

Today I am supposed to take him to the Dentist to get his teeth cleaned and then go out to HBOT for a dive. So here's the problem, he's on oxygen and sounds terrible, though he has no fever so I'm not sure if he's sick or just dealing with what seems to be his normal crud. Oh what to do??

  • Option #1 take him to the Dentist with his oxygen tank going and then head out to the HBOT chamber, knowing that I may need to pull the van over a few times to suction him.
  • Option #2 Call his Pediatrician for an appointment to get him checked out today.
  • Or option #3 cancel his dentist appointment and HBOT dive and stay home with him today and wait one more day before I take him into his Pediatrician.
  • Oh what to do?? What would you do?

People always tell me that they "don't think they could do what I do", they say things like "I don't know how you do all you do", another words they are thankful that they aren't in my shoes. I get that, I really do. Sometimes I don't know how I do all that I have to do either, the decisions I have to make some days are enough to send me over the edge. I often respond to those statements with I just do what I have to do, you would do the same if you were in my shoes wouldn't you? So I really am curious to know what you would of done in my shoes today, would you have gone with Option #1, #2 or #3? I don't often ask for comments but today I am, please humor me with your response:-)


Luke's Mommy Sue


Annie said...

I think I would just push through and go to appointments if he doesn't have fever and you think it's allergies. Praying he gets better soon.

linda mccowan said...

I would take him to HBOT, but maybe skip the dentist if it's not hard to change appointments with your dentist. Since he's using oxygen today, it seems like HBOT is just what he needs!

ShaunaQ said...

Depends on how lazy I feel! If If it depended on how lazy I am today, I would say screw everything. We're staying home! I thnk that falls under option #2? Then pediatrician tomorrow if it worsens.

Rikki said...

I think I would probably stay home and wait another day....especially with this awful rain. You're right, most people say, "I just couldn't do what you do" with the thought (we)they are grateful not being in your shoes. But those of us who have resilience, who the Lord has given a stout heart, we do what we need to each moment of each day, strong, but full of weakness inside. It's easy to say, "be strong and courageous" my friend, but I think you are a Joshua, continue to march around that city. Hugs to you.

alane said...

I know this was yesterday's post so you have already made a decision, but just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you guys and praying for Lukey.

Michelle said...

Skip the dentist, hug him and love him, sleep with him in your arms, call the pediatrician and make the appt. Did you try allergy meds already? Might work and you might not have to go anywhere.

Michelle & girls