Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It's so nice to be home again and to sleep in my own bed. I realize that we were only in the Hospital for 2 nights, but Luke and I had been sleeping out in the living room previously to Hospital stay. I usually like to sleep close to him when he is struggling so that I can be there quickly if he has a problem or if his alarms go off.

This was by far the least stressful time that we've ever had in the Hospital. Luke really did well and made a quick recovery. I think the hardest thing about being there was the fact that they put him in the same Emergency room that he originally went to after his accident. The memories that come back from that horrible day can almost choke both Gordy and I at times. I was so thankful that the Dr. that admitted him into the Hospital allowed me to continue Luke on a few of his supplements. Usually when someone goes into the Hospital the only thing you are allowed to give the patient is what the Dr. prescribed. I shared with the Dr. how important it is for Luke to get him digestive supplements each time he eats and she allowed them to be put on the list of meds that he got while he was there and I also wanted him to get his probiotic and she approved that as well.

Today was a busy day for me as I had to take Lily and Isaiah into the the Dr. Lily has been having a horrible cough for almost two weeks and I thought we should make sure that it wasn't pneumonia and Isaiah had been complaining that his ear was hurting. Sure enough they both had horrible ear infections, thankfully Lily's lungs sounded fine. This is the first ear infection either one of them has had in years. So we now have three children on antibiotics. After the Dr. appointment I took Isaiah to the Dentist. We then ran to Costco and out to our Medical supplier to get some more little oxygen tanks for Luke. I finished the day with a massage, after sleeping on the hospital "bed" my back has been giving me some grief.

Tomorrow I will be taking Luke back to see his rehabilitation Dr. I have been seriously thinking about trying a baclafen pump out. Luke's muscle tone has been horrible, especially this past week with him being sick. It continues to get harder to bend him to put him into his car seat and it almost impossible to get any bend in his knees. We just don't have the money to continue with HBOT treatments and that is the only thing that keeps him limber. Please pray for God to give Gordy and I wisdom in knowing what would be best for Luke. He also has a follow up appointment with his Pediatrician tomorrow so it will be another busy day for me. Thursday I'm hoping not to leave the house at all.

THANK YOU once again for your prayers while Luke was in the Hospital, I know that is the reason he was able to get out so quickly. I could really sense a wonderful Godly peace about being there this time, which I know had to come from God.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue


Anonymous said...

GOrdy, Sue and family!
Praise the Lord Luke went home so quickly and you found favor with the Dr. We will continue to pray for Luke's complete recovery and that Sue will miraculously be able to get caught up on sleep. Love to you all! Mary

annie said...

I've been thinking about you guys (and praying) a lot this past week... I'm glad you are home and hope everyone is well very soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Luke is home! AJ has had his baclofen pump for over a year now, let me know if you have any questions. :)


page name: Ambroso

dr_bristow said...

Dear Sue,
I'm so glad to hear Luke is home! Praise the Lord! I'll continue praying for his swift and complete recovery, and for Isaiah and Lily too!
Love in Christ,

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue, I am so very sorry... I didn't know that Luke was in the hospital. I haven't been on line much this week at all... our Wes is sick.... and may have to be admitted to the hospital. Bronchitis, croup and his RAD (reactive airway) ... please pray.

Mandi was accepted into YWAM (Youth with a Mission) and so we will take her to one of their locations about 3 hrs from here. She will train from Jan-Apr. then in Apr. she will leave for India for 7 wks. She is very excited.

I am praying for Luke. Oh I feel so bad not knowing.... I could of called and talked to you for a minute or two while you were in the hospital. :)

will check back! Praising God you are home!
your GA friends,
Billy, Teena, Michael, Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley