Sunday, March 28, 2010

Searles Home Weekly Review

I began this entry last Sunday morning, here it is finished a little late.

Here I am sitting at home with Luke another Sunday morning. It seems like I only get to church a few times a month lately. Last night Luke was having a rough night, he was alarming off and on all night long with oxygen problems. You would think after so many years we would be getting used to this constant alarms and sleepless nights. But no, it has it's many effects in our lives, we're often tired, we are often discouraged, we are over weight a known fact in people who do not get enough sleep, we do keep going, there is no other choice, but some days it's just plain old hard.

It's been a long time since I've shared with you a typical, not so typical week in the life of the Searles Family, so here it goes.

Sunday: The family went to church while I stayed home with Luke who had a rough night. When Gordy got home I took off with my girls, Amy, Natalie and Lily, we went out to eat and then did some shopping, we had a great day.

Monday: Gordy took the day off to work around the house. We began the day with getting the kids ready for the day, did some home schooling with them, then got to work. That day we completely weeded all of the area's of beauty bark in our yard. Gordy went to pick up a load of beauty bark and we spread it, it was a huge job. We also got the lawn mowed, some bushes trimmed, cleaned off the deck and the top of the little roof over the sand box in the back yard. A very productive day.

Tuesday: Did school with the kids, got them ready to go to the YMCA, I went to my friend Laurie's house we are doing a book study on a excellent book about getting rid of the toxic thoughts in our brains. After that I went for a walk with Yoli and then we did some shopping, got the boys each a new shirt for Easter and found some dresses for Amy and my Mom's birthday gift.

Wednesday: Gordy took the day off, to work around the home again. That day Daniel and Sarah came over to help, they were able to tear down our neighbors fence, with her permission, it was falling into our yard after completely rotting through, Gordy also fixed the back fence to make it look presentable and tore down our old tree house. It was my Mom's birthday so my sisters and I took her out to lunch, it was a lovely time. On the way home from my Mom's house I picked up some paint. When I got home I changed and got busy, I painted around the front door, we had replaced our front door last year but we never finished painting around it, I also painted around our new garage doors, it all looks so nice.

Thursday: I got up and got the kids ready for the day, started them in their school work with Amy helping them that day. I took off to get my nails done, they looked horrible, ran a few errands, then took off for a drive over the mountain. You see earlier in the week I got a call from my friend Tiffany, she is mom of Abbie, who had a near drowning accident 3 months before Luke. Anyways they were in the area and she called to say that Abbie had been admitted into Children's Hospital up in Seattle with a nasty bug, thinking it was related to the home made formula they had made just before they left. I told her that I had some extra formula and I would love to take it over to them. It was a great day I listened to a book in the van on the way over and then I had a wonderful walk and talk with Tiffany. I love spending time with her, she is a wealth of information and so it is so encouraging spending time with someone who knows exactly what you go through on a daily basis. On my way home I stopped by Costco to pick up some items for our Ladies Tea at our church on Saturday.

Friday: Gordy took one last day off from work to do some projects around the house. After getting the kids schooling done we got to work, Gordy finished replacing a closet door that had been wrecked, I worked on getting my kitchen plant window cleaned out and my wonderful parents came over and helped clean our floors. I worked until about 4 and then I went to the Chiropractor, my back has been giving me a bit of grief lately. After my appointment I ran to Walmart to pick up a few more things for the Ladies Tea, then went by a friends home to pick up some plate stackers and while I was there I wrecked our van. I wedged myself between a pole and a rock wall, it was not a happy time. I went straight from their to our church to help set up for the Ladies Tea, I had volunteered to set up a table with my own china and decorations. Thanks to Amy's help we pulled it off. After they I came home to some laundry, putting the kids to bed, etc . . .

Saturday morning: I woke up later than I wanted to I was exhausted after another night of Luke's alarms and just too much to do all week. I was a bit stressed because I still needed to make 3 dozen chicken salad croissants and cut up fruit for the tea. With Amy's help we got it all done and I was only about 10 minutes late to help finish getting everything set up for the tea. The Ladies Tea went off great, a good time was had by all. After the tea I came home and got busy once again, my kitchen looked like a tornado had gone through it because I hadn't finished putting away all the stuff from the plant window that I had cleaned the day before, we had dishes to wash from the tea and prep before the tea, needless to say it was a mess. Once I got that done I got the laundry going once again after cleaning up the kids, they decided that they wanted to play in the mud in the back yard so I had to give Lily a second bath of the day and the boys took a shower then we collected their muddy clothes and added them to the mountain of laundry. That night Gordy and I went on a much needed date, to dinner and Lowe's for more home repairs, sounds romantic, huh?

And were back to Sunday again.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Suzi


Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a busy week Mom! :-)

Kehau and Brandon said...

SUPERWOMAN! And your daughter Amy is such a blessing! What a wonderful woman you raised! I'm in awe of you and all that you do!

Anonymous said...

Which style are you looking links of london for?Your two main choices would be a solitaire or links london bracelet a cluster style. The solitaire has a single gem london links charms in the middle of the ring with no other stones on the ring, whereas the cluster has a larger jewel set in the middle of the ring and smaller links of london watches sale stones surround it. After deciding on which style you prefer you can move discount links of london rings towards deciding on a stone to place in the setting.Does your future wife prefer any stone to the others? A pearl is a classic stone that has cheap links of london necklaces been adored throughout the ages; many women love its elegance. Two beautiful stones you might want to cheap links of london earrings consider would be the stunning blue sapphire or the rich red ruby. Both elegant stones can stand sweetie bracelet in their own sophistication and beauty.