|Here's the kids posing for this picture by the Yaquina Head Lighthouse, it was a gorgeous windy cold day:-) Natalie offered to stay down at the bottom with Luke and Abigail so that the rest of us could go up to the top of the light house.|
I for the most part have always tried to be a person who sees things as being half full, instead of things that are half empty. I have tried to stay positive seeing the good in circumstances even when there is little good to see. I guess I've never enjoyed being around negative people, therefore I choose to try to be positive even when a little voice inside me is screaming words that are the complete opposite of what I know to be true. At least I hope and pray that when people meet me I don't come off as being a negative person:-)
Last weekend I heard a excellent speaker talk about taking all the thoughts we have going on in our mind, especially the lies that we tell ourselves all the time captive. Another words we need to grab those thoughts and tell them to leave since they are lies and they only harm us. I know that in the past with God's help I have been able to do this and have found that when I'm diligent about being sure my thoughts are not dwelling on the negative, I'm much better off emotionally.
Why oh why after hearing that excellent message have I been dwelling on thoughts that are not positive, thoughts that are damaging to my emotional well being, thoughts that are lies and half truths?? You know thoughts like:
- Life is not fair
- We miss out on so much because of the fact that Luke has been so unhealthy lately
- I'm never going to get a full night of sleep again
- I'm never going to lose all this weight that I want to lose
- I'm never going to meet all the goals that I've set out to accomplish this week
- I'm never going to raise all the money I need for the mom's of near drown children retreat this year
- How am I going to go on with Natalie, Josh & Abigail moving to Missouri in two weeks, I'm going to miss them so much it hurts to think about it, though I'm happy they are following their hearts.
- Questions in my mind about whether Luke will ever be healthy again
- Horrible thoughts about . . . . .
|Here's Luke hanging out in the trailer with myself and Abigail while Gordy took the kids swimming.|
|Here is Gordy and the kids walking down the stairs in the lighthouse, it was a fun trip up to the top. but the trip down was much easier to do:-)|
Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue