Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Super Blessed vs. Super Stressed, it's my choice as I choose to let go and let God determine my steps. I Choose Super Blessed:-)

Some days I feel so blessed and wonder why God pours out so many blessings on me, that was exactly what I was feeling this passed weekend as I went to Life Center's Women Retreat at Cannon Beach in Oregon. I had known about this retreat for awhile but because of the busyness of new grand babies being born, lots of showers to attend and wedding's to plan and attend it got put on the back burner of my mind. It wasn't until I came home last Tuesday that I realized that I really, really needed a break from the constant stresses of taking care of Luke and after returning from what was a great but also a very challenging camping trip with my family I was in great need of some R & R. Thankfully there were still some rooms available and the church let me register after the deadline for the retreat. Thankfully I had recieved some very unexpected checks from a recall campaign on some shoes that I had bought over a year ago that paid for the entire cost of the retreat. Thankfully my friend Yoli was able to go with me, which was a added blessing.Thankfully God used so many wonderful ladies to put together this amazing retreat and I was able to benefit from all their hard work. Yep, I was indeed feeling thankful and very blessed!
Yoli and I on our last walk to the famous Cannon Beach Rock, perhaps you can tell by our fly away hair that it was windy:
This weekend was exactly what I needed both physically, emotionally and spiritually. God ministered to my heart as He whispered great words of encouragement to my soul, one of those words reminded me that He is always willing and ready to bless me with His Super Natural Strength every single time I ask and I ask often:-) I was also reminded that I need to rest in knowing that God is in control, His timing is perfect and He is trustworthy, timely words for me to ponder at this time in my life. I was also able to do quite a bit of walking which is great as I'm training for my special marathon later this month. And last but not least I got some great nights of uninterrupted sleep which is necessity in my life to recharge my batteries.


I got this notebook at the retreat, I love this saying, it's a good reminder that with God NOTHING is impossible!!
The night I got back Luke sounded terrible, he was struggling to breath and just about everytime we would suction him to help him clear his throat he would throw up. Needless to say I was up until 5 am suctioning him. Then last night it was just about a repeat except I gave him some Sudafed so it wasn't quite so bad. Today I wasn't sure if I should take him into the Dr. but he really did seem to be doing better, thank goodness. Tonight has been a little better once again, so I'm praying he is on the mend.

This week I am getting ready for my marathon, my goal is walk and ride my bike everyday, so far I have accomplished this goal, just not as many miles as I set out to do orginally, but at least I'm getting it done. Today Amy, Cindy and I went through all our school books and planned what the kids will be doing this year in school. I'm soooooo thankful for Amy and Cindy's willingness to help once again this year, without their help I would be unable to homeschool the kids. God's provision once again is so amazing!

My 30th High School Reunion is this Saturday night, I can't believe it's been 30 years since I graduated. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with old friends that night:-)

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

PS I just wanted to let you know that some checks have been coming in for the Mom's of near drown children retreat I'm about 1/3 of the way along in my fundraising, thanks to Julie's fundraising this year. Please won't you think about donating a few dollars to make this retreat happen. Thank you:-)

No comments: