Saturday, October 29, 2005

God continues to show His wonderful faithfulness

Before I tell you about Luke's progress, I want to tell you about a call I got on Wednesday afternoon. My friend RoiLynne, called to let me know that her mom who has been praying every night for an hour for Luke's healing had called her that day to tell her of the wonderful vision that the Lord gave to her. She and her husband have been camping this past week and there was no way that she could of known about the vision that that the Lord gave to me on Sunday night. Anyway she goes on to say that she saw a picture of a brain and she asked the Lord if it was Luke's brain, of which she felt the Lord said yes, then she saw the Lord pick up the brain and put it in the palm of His hands and as He did this it had a bright light shine down on it and it began to light up in bright yellows, reds and oranges. I could not stop crying as RoiLynne, was telling me this as it was such a confirmation of the exact vision I received on Sunday night. I really felt it was God's way of saying, Sue don't lose hope you are not just imagining the vision I gave to you and I want you to keep on sharing with those that see Luke that I am healing Luke, though some people will feel sorry for you for thinking this is so, don't stop believing. God is so faithful in showing His wonderful favor and love toward me and I'm so thankful!

Luke continues to do great since his surgery. Today he was breathing and you couldn't even hear him. I know this sounds like not a big deal to some, but let me tell you it is a big deal when everyday for the last year you can basically tell that Luke is in the room because of his breathing sounds. He is also making more noises lately. It's like he is almost calling us at times with his crying out when he is uncomfortable. I had to take him out of church last Wednesday because he was making so much noise, which is a good thing.

I began to make Luke's food this past week, he has been on a special formula for the past year and I have been hoping all along to start making his own food. It does involve more time on my behalf, which at times is challenging to find in my schedule. I recently got some good beef bones and a good recipe for beef broth so I've had beef broth cooking for days now, it sure does make the house smell great. Luke's trach whole is healing nicely, thank you for your prayers. I bought some of that Scar repair lotion and it really seems to be helping out. The scar on his tummy is also looking pretty good as best is to be expected.

We said good bye to our wonderful nurse Mary this past week, Friday was her last day. Our insurance agency decided we didn't need nursing care anymore. God had been preparing my heart for this day, so though I'm going to miss Mary and her wonderful skilled nursing care, I also know that God will be my help to get all the things done for Luke each day. I've thanked the Lord on a weekly basis for allowing us to have such Godly nurses, that have prayed with Luke all the while giving him such wonderful care.

May God richly bless you today,
Luke's Mommy Sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, that is such great news about Luke! We are so thrilled. Last night at our praise/worship service our friends who also check the blog were talking about Luke and how they pray too!

That is awesome about your friend and her vision~ God is indeed working a miracle ... little by little step by step~

thank you for sharing and letting us be a part of this miracle.

you are in our thoughts and prayers more then you know~
your GA friends,

Billy, Teena, Michael,Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley

Anonymous said...

Hello Sue, We are right here with you knowing that the Lord will restore Luke too. I have been praying that God will touch his brain. I bet Luke is so glad to get some of the things that you are cooking for him. You keep it up what a great Mom Luke has. Give Luke had hug from us. Blessings, Shane, Julie and Children