Monday, October 17, 2005

Luke heads back to Mary Bridge Hospital for surgery tomorrow

Let's see, where do I start today's blog??? Well I would like to say thank you for your prayers for all of us while Natalie, Lily and I went to CA, we had a great time and the rest of the family did wonderful at home. Luke is doing good, he had been fighting some kind of virus or something, each day no fever, but at night he would have a fever and high heart rate, which tells us he was in pain. I think that we are finally past that. Many people have asked how my back is feeling? I have to tell you that I believe God touched my back because I literally have not a bit of pain in it, I can't tell you exactly how that happened except to say it was a touch from God. Thank you once again for your prayers they really do make a difference.

Well we are getting ready for another hospital stay. Luke goes in tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. for his surgery at 10:00. He will be getting a Nissen Fundoplication, which will stop his reflux, or indigestion problems he's been having for a long time. He will also be getting his trach whole closed, which is still open a tiny bit, it will be so nice for him not to have to deal with this anymore. I am not looking forward to our stay at Mary Bridge, though it is a great hospital, it will really be tough on Luke and our whole family this week, as once again I will be living with Luke at the hospital.

I thank the Lord all the time that my girls are such wonderful help they will be taking care of the little boys, keeping the home picked up, while continuing to do their school work and other commitments they have each day. I have a few friends that will be helping watch Lily during the day then at night she will spend the night at the hospital with Luke, Yoli and myself. To say that I'm dreading this week is an extreme understatement, I hate the feeling of being torn in two not wanting to leave Luke's side but also wanting to be a home with the rest of the family. Please be praying specifically for Dr. Malo as she does the surgery, that God will use her hands and she will do an awesome job, it will be a 2 to 3 hour surgery. Also be praying that Luke will feel the presence of God the whole time he is in the Hospital and that this surgery will make a wonderful difference in his life, for a speedy recover and that he won't be in extreme pain as he heals.

Just a little bit of other news around the Searles Home. Amy turned 18 last week and had a wonderful Birthday. I find it so hard to believe that I have two adult children, I'm so thankful all my children love the Lord and feel so blessed by the Lord that they are so helpful and fun to be around. Daniel continues to work hard each week laying tile, making the money he needs to continue buying the items he will need for his recording studio. We are getting into a great schedule each day with schooling in the morning, the boys are learning that before we start school we need to have breakfast done, be dressed and pick up our rooms. I personally find it so much easier to do school when we are organized. We then have the YMCA PE on Tuesday and Thurday afternoon, with choir on Thursdays for Isaiah and Ezekiel, while Amy takes Luke swimming in the pool, he so enjoys swimming and is so relaxed when they get done each time.
Lily is crawling all over the place and takes a step every once in awhile, she continues to be a happy sweet baby. Gordy has been real busy at work and this week will continue to be busy as his partner is on vacation.

Someone recently posted a comment about us being selfish in the fact that we only talk about our family and ask prayer for our needs. I really felt bad when I read this comment, though this blog began because we needed very specific prayers for Luke and our family during a time of crisis right after the accident, I guess that we just have continued to post about Luke and our families needs. I know that this past year has been a year of survival mode for myself and at times I've been selfish to only think of our needs, I've never been this way before but I guess when you go through a time of great trial it's hard to look outward at others needs. Forgive us if we've seemed selfish in our requests and know that though we don't always mention others needs in our blogs, we do a lot of praying for others. I hope that this makes sense and that someday I will not have to ask others to pray for Luke because we will all be praying for other peoples miracles to happen.

We will try hard to keep you up to date this week on how things are going at the hospital. We would love to have visitors once Luke is feeling up to them at the Hospital, we will let you know when that will be. Please know that as mentioned before we love to hear your comments and if you ever post a prayer need we will faithfully lift up your need to the Lord who loves us all and wants to answer our prayers as Jeremiah 29:12 says, Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. What a great promise from our Lord!

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue and Gordy we will be saying a prayer that all goes well with Luke and with you all.

Love ya so much! Lori and Lonnie

Anonymous said...

I was so upset to hear that someone would leave such an unkind comment on this sight, I want you to know that no one that knows your family would ever call you selfish, you are giving to others continually, and even through sharing with everyone on this sight you continually give out to us all, God wants us to band together to lift each others needs up, and I for one feel blessed to have been able to pray for your family, and have you share your faith with us all. Love, Leslie Davis

Anonymous said...

I say ditto to Leslie's comment!
When I read Sue's letter, I exclaimed in disbelief, "What! How could anyone say that!?!"
My understanding is that this site is an effective tool to communicate to those who want to support your family through this time. (It keeps your phone from ringing off the hook!)
We choose to check the blog of our own free will.
-LJS

Jenni said...

Thanks for the post Sue, we will definately be praying for Luke and the rest of your family through his surgery and time of great need. I have never felt like you have been selfish and we have been reading your blog since the beginning. I didn't see the comment but maybe like you said they haven't been following and feeling emotionally attached to the situation. We all go through seasons, you just happen to be in a season of great need, we have not because we ask not! So ask away!!! :)

Bless you!

Christian said...

I remember the day I was taking on the phone to Dan Bunker and he told us what had happened and that you had a blog. I am so glad that Gordy took a leap and had the courage to share your story as it unfolded, with honesty and transparency.

There are some people who think that a blog must be one thing, just like everyone elses blog. A blog is whatever you make it, and this blog has touched so many lives and always spoken of the faithfulness of God no matter what.

We only check in on your blog when you post something new thanks to the RSS feed.

Thank you so much for sharing your lives via this blog. Of the thousands of people who read it, only a small amount leave comments. I just want you to know that we care and always look forward to any details about what God is doing in your family.

Anonymous said...

Dear Searles Family,

I just want you to know that
I will be praying for you all tomorrow. Wish that I could be there with you.

Whoever wrote the comment about you all doesn’t know your family .
If they did of course it would not have been say.

Thank you for blogging.

Little by little Luke is gaining strength. And others are seeing the hand of God working today.

Love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Searles family,
I have received so much encouragement from your blog. Considering this is "Luke's blog spot" you have not done anything selfish in writing about your family or Luke in particular.

I am so thankful that you blog and that I am able to pray for you and your family (I pray especially for Sue).

Please continue to do what you are doing THE WAY YOU ARE DOING IT!

We are praying for Luke and the doctor today! We also hope to meet you all one day. We love your family.

Bless you all,
the Meltons (Columbus, GA)

Anonymous said...

I agree that anyone that knows you and your family knows that you are definitely not selfish. I am always amazed by everyone in your family, from Sue and Gordy and every one of the kids. I especially love Isaiah's and Ezekiel's spirits. they are fun to be around. I had the pleasure of being with Lily in the nursery a little over a week ago and she is just a doll too. Thank you for keeping up with this blog and keeping us informed this way. Things are so hectic these days with my family I don't always get to visit with you at church to keep up with Luke and how he is doing in his healing. So I am glad that you keep us up to date.

I am definitely praying for Luke right now. I pray that he is out of surgery and if not, that he is done soon, and it's a complete success. And I pray you won't be at the hospital long.

I hope to see you this coming Sunday, and if not,I'll see you two weeks from then. (I am flying to TX with Jacob on the 30th to drive back home with Lawrence).

God Bless each and every one of you!!

-Teresa (only 13 more days until Lawrence's graduation!!)

Christie said...

I have read your site off and on for almost a year now and never have I considered one word that you posted to be selfish. As is usually the case, those who would make such an un-true, un-founded statement do so behind the shadows of anonymity. Please continue to post about your needs and we will continue to pray for them.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue & Gordy, we have been out of town for a few days so just catching up here! YOU are the MOST UNSELFISH family I have ever met. YOU have touched our lives in so many ways.
Just for the record... we have talked on the phone. I posted once about our Wes breaking his leg and Sue called to check on him and say she was praying. Once when my dh was in the hospital for tests she also called. So PLEASE do not worry about that "comment". We are praying for Luke. It is amazing to me to see how much your Daniel and my Michael are alike. God is awesome. I am so thankful our paths have crossed...
we love all of you~
your GA friends~
Billy, Teena, Michael, Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley