Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Luke is sick and needs some prayer

Luke needs some prayer. He started getting sick on Saturday evening. At first I thought it was because he had been outside while we were cleaning up and raking our yard, I thought the dust might of caused an allergic reaction. His nose was running like crazy that evening and he needed oxygen all night long. The next morning he woke up with a little fever and was not doing much better. Well he seemed to be feeling a bit better on Monday, but that night he did not have a good night and needed even more oxygen. I took him in to see his Pediatrician today and he thought he had a respiratory infection so he started him on Amoxillion. I hate putting him on antibiotics but I know that if we don't catch this fast it could perhaps take a turn for the worse.

I gave him a breathing treatment when we came home but as usual Albuterol raises his heart rate, which was already high because of his 102.8 fever. The Dr. prescribed Xopenex which does better at not getting his heart rate so high, but they did not have it in the pharmacy, I have to go back tomorrow to pick it up. The Dr. also suggested we go to an Orthropedic Dr. to take a look at his legs, so he put in a referral for that, I'm not looking forward to that appointment.

This evening we had a lazy night, I basically held Luke for a couple of hours so that he would stay calm and go to sleep. I guess that is one way of slowing down my schedule. Amy, Natalie and I actually sat down to watch an old movie, we even made some popcorn. When I did put Luke down his oxygen numbers looked good and his heart rate had come down at least 35 points to about 140, which isn't that great but a whole lot better than it had been.

Things to pray about that this infection will leave quickly, that we will be able to wean him off the oxygen quickly and that it won't spread around the home, I think he might of caught Isaiah's runny nose, which is doing better.

Just remember God's word says, If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20. God's word says it and I believe it!

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

2 comments:

Jenni said...

We will be praying for a quick recovery for Luke as well!

Anonymous said...

just seeing this~ computer keeps messing up and freezing up! Praying for all of you. So sorry I didn't know Luke was having a rough time.

YOU are in my thoughts even when I can not come to your blog~ :)

YOUR GA friends,
Billy, Teena, Michael, Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley