Sunday, October 29, 2006

We are ready to get off this crazy roller coaster ride

Here we are once again, Luke and I just home from church. You would think after 2 years of taking Luke to church that I would learn to take extra clothes for him in case anything happens. He threw up really bad and because I didn't bring extra clothes we just walked home. We are blessed to live so close to church, if we didn't walk the whole family would of had to come home. For those of you that are followers of Christ, you know what it's like to experience spiritual warfare. I will tell you that it has been intense this past month. I was talking to God on the way home from church telling him that I will not stop trusting in Him or serving Him no matter how hard life becomes, also letting satan know that he will not be victorious in my life!

Let me tell you a bit about our month. I know that I already told you about my crazy week, if you times that craziness by about 4 times you will know just exactly what our month has been like. We have battled sickness, exhaustion, pain, depression, just to name a few things that our family has been going through. Don't get me wrong it has not been a horrible month, just a hard one. Luke has gone through more oxygen at night than he has in months, he has also been battling major congestion the whole month. Just when we think we are getting his food right, he begins throwing up again. The roller coaster ride gets crazier, the longer we are on it. Once again, I'm not giving up on our miracle it's going to happen, we are not going to give up, through Christ precious name we will be victorious.

I've been thinking about applying for Extreme Home Makeover. We are coming to the realization that while we are waiting for Luke's miracle to happen, our house is just not going to cut it soon. We live in a bi-level home, which means you go in the front door and and must either go up or down. We bought this home from my parents 19 years ago and we just keep adjusting it for our growing family, we split our downstairs family room into two rooms to add another bedroom, then when Luke's accident happened we added another room in the garage for Daniel. At this time we all fit tight and snug, but reality says that we are soon going to have to put Luke into a wheelchair because he is getting bigger. We've looked at different homes, that have a level entry, but the thought of leaving Lakewood is just not pleasant, our friends, church, YMCA and most importantly my sister lives right behind us, our yards connect with a gate between. As I've said on numerous occasions she has been helping me at least a few days a week with Luke so that I can continue to homeschool my other children. We have looked at homes and we are finding that what we need, we really can't afford, don't get me wrong we are very blessed Gordy definitely makes good money, but we have spent probably closed to $35,000 on Luke's care these past few years. We've been blessed many times by generous gifts of money and that has taken the stress off us as we've dealt with the medical bills and special therapies that we've taken Luke to, but our money has been stretched and we know that God will always supply just what we need, but we need to be wise on our part also. Why am I telling you all this, I guess just to ask for prayer for our family as we continue to have to make tough decisions on this journey that we are walking and also to ask God that we will have favor with our application to Extreme home makeover, if that is His will for our family.

I humbly ask you once again, if I may to share some prayer requests for you to pray about: Luke as I mentioned has been congested quite often lately, though he has been doing a bit better the last few days, also that I can get his feedings and supplements down to just exactly what he needs to get and stay healthy. Isaiah also needs some prayer, he has some kind of bad infection all over his body, we took him into the Dr. on Friday and he told us that what has happened is he had a few bug bites that got infected and because he was itching them he basically spread that bacteria to other parts of his body. I know that God has not given us a spirit of fear but I've been battling my thoughts lately hoping that this doesn't get any worse than it already is, the thought of going back to the Hospital with any of my children is not pleasant, that has not been mentioned by the Dr, just in my thoughts.

I will end by sharing with you the scripture that I have been dwelling on these days it is, He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. Job 5:9 This means that God is still in the miracle working business, Hebrews 13:7 says Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever, therefore that tells me the miracles he performed during His time on earth He is able to make happen today. If you need a miracle don't think that God is too small to give it to you, just ask with faith, believing it will happen.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

4 comments:

Annie said...

Sue,
I have thought the same thing about extreme home makeover... Matt won't even watch it now though because it was on when Izzy' accident happened. I tivo it and watch it when he isn't around. They do wonderful things on that show. I will pray that you are chosen.
I haven't updated in a while because it just doesn't seem like anything new has happened lately. How can it be slow when things are at such a crazy pace??? I am not sure, but we are just trying to keep up the pace and keep getting it all done.
I will pray for Luke and for Isaiah. It is hard going to church, we just got home. Matt doesn't like me to take Izzy's stroller in and I feel she is just too big to carry around. It makes me tired. It is nice to go to church as a family, and I just really ache for normality, you know?
My heart feels for you. I hope your week is full of blessings.
In Him,
Annie

Tiffany said...

My sweet sister,

Funny how God has you and I moving in synch so often...I hear your heart and I pray for you. I pray that as you persevere and stand strong, that you would lift your eyes and see thousands of helpers coming to your aid. He will not let us fall, He promised, even when our knees feel like Jell-o. Will be praying for wisdom about the house...one thing is certain, by the end of this we will be "professional hard-decision makers!"

Love you guys!
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

How funny that you are considering applying for Extreme Home Makeover--I've thought many times since Luke's accident about submitting your family for the show, and I've even gone to the page with the intention of filling out the application. But you can't fill out the application without getting permission from the family you're applying on behalf of, and I felt weird asking about it. I hope you'll go through with it!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying to about the Extreme Makeover~ what a blessing that would be!

Also about Luke and his congestion~

It seems that the enemy so wants to get to us mamas~ I am praying for you Sue~ and me too. We have such an impact on our children and other moms and so many~ YOU encourage me.

I think of you often and I am so sorry it has been a hard month~
you think of me so often and we keep playing phone tag.

Wyatt had his second cast on today~ but he is fine... a green one!

I love ya~
Kiss Luke for us
your Ga. friends,
Billy, Teena, Michael, Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley