Monday, March 10, 2008

Big 5 Years Old

Today is Luke's 5th Birthday! We celebrated Luke's birthday a few weeks ago because Mom and Natalie would be gone. However I want to take a moment and just acknowledge that 5 years ago tonight Luke was born. Mom (Sue) called from Romania today and sang Happy Birthday to Luke. It sounds like Sue and Natalie are doing well in Romania ministering to the women. Sue mentioned that she had shared her testimony twice on Sunday at that the people were very excited. One group took time to pray for Luke and a woman came up to Sue afterwards told her that she was positive that God was going to heal Luke. We have been confident from the very beginning that God was going to heal Luke, it is just a matter of waiting to see the miracle happen. While I would love nothing more then to see Luke healed today, I would prefer that Sue be here to witness it as well. Thank you for all the prayers that you have been praying for Sue and Natalie as well as all of us here at home. God is good! By the way, I went to a Men's retreat this past weekend and all I can say is WOW! We serve an amazing God that as Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD..." Imagine that a God that has thoughts about you. As I read this verse on Saturday, I was amazed to think about God thinking about me. Now that is a personal God.

Blessings to you and your family,

Love in Christ,

Gordy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday to Luke!
Can you post some of the birthday party pictures?
Cindy.

Kehau and Brandon said...

Happy Birthday Luke!

alane said...

Happy 5th Birthday, Luke!!!
I too would love to see some pictures of the party. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Luke! We will pray for Sue and Natalie. Tell Sue she will be missed at MNO tonight!

Sue H.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE... from all of your GA friends! We love you. Wesley will be 5 in July! They still pray for you and when they see your picture in my bible they look at you and say "HEY, that is LUKE!"

we are praying for your Mom and Natalie on their trip.

much love,
Your GA friends,
Billy, Teena, Michael (& Amber) Mandi, Dakota, Alyssa, Wyatt & Wesley