Thursday, October 02, 2008

Luke got his new chair today!


I went to pick up Luke's new chair today. I absolutely love it! It fits him so great, what a blessing from the Lord, especially since we did not have to pay a penny for it. I was almost in tears a few times as the man at the shop was showing it to me, it is even better than I thought it would be. The picture above is him in it at the YMCA today, as you can see we are playing soccer right now. It's perfect because I can trap a soccer ball underneath it and then push it into the goal for him. The kids seem to be warming up to him. A little boy actually picked him for his partner today. I helped Luke throw the ball and then Caleb kicked it back to us. I could tell by the smile on Luke's face he was having a great time seeing his old Mama run him around the gym.

I leave tomorrow night for Mexico. Please keep our family in your prayers, especially that Luke and all the kids will stay healthy while I'm gone. Would you also be willing to pray for the team? Here are the names of those going: Sue, Natalie, Josh, Yoli, Russ, Russell, John, Jeremy, Tessa, Hoshanna and Norm. We will be gone until Sunday the 12th. Thank you and God bless y'all.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Suzi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Suzi! So glad you got the chair and that is is already making life better! What kind is it? He looks great!

I will keep you in my prayers while you are away and pray for Luke to do well too!

love and hugs to you!

Jenni said...

What a beautiful chair Sue! I bet he is so comfy in it, what a total blessing! Praying for an amazing trip to Mexico. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for your trip! YOU are gone right now. I will be praying for the team....

I LOVE THE NEW CHAIR... AND WHAT A HERO YOU ARE TO PLAY SOCCER WITH HIM!!!! I KNOW he was thrilled.

blessings,
Teena

Kehau and Brandon said...

The new chair looks awesome and I bet Luke was happy to be playing soccer. I'm sure he loves that you run around with him! What a champ! Where did you get the chair and what brand is it?
You are amazing to be putting together all these missions and going on them! God Bless!

junglemama said...

Great chair! I bet it is just awesome for him!