Tuesday, January 06, 2009

We are counting our blessings, we have so much to be thankful for!

I've been thinking lately about all the things that we are so thankful for and began to sing that old Hymn "Count Your Blessings, Name Them One By One" Here are a few of our blessings:
  • We had a wonderful Christmas filled with family, friends, great food, good presents . . .
  • Our whole family has been healthy and Luke has been doing great lately
  • We got to have a white Christmas, almost too much snow which is unusual for us here in Washington state
  • Daniel along with Gordy's help tiled our tub/shower last week and it looks gorgeous
  • Gordy was able to take off two much needed weeks of vacation
  • Amy is coming home from Denmark in one more day, YAHOO!
  • I could go on and on but I'm pretty sure you get the idea of how thankful I am
As I have been counting my blessings, I've also had a heavy heart for those that have not had a good December. So many have lost precious loved ones, many have had trips to the Hospital, many have suffered sickness and pain. I have had so many of you in my prayers on a daily basis. Here are some urgent prayer requests for you wonderful people to pray for: Sadie Belle, suffering from an very bad infection, has been in the hospital for many days, you can read more at her site. Abbie who broke both of her femurs and is back in a cast. Jaynee Lockwood who is pregnant and is not doing so well, along with her family as they've had to come to America from Mexico where they live as missionaries. My good friend who has a alcoholic husband that desperately needs to be delivered from alcohol and needs Jesus. I could go on and on but these are the most urgent at this time.

Just to let you know Luke has an appointment tomorrow with his Rehab Dr. we will be discussing his muscle tone issues once again. As long as we are able to get Luke in the HBOT chamber on a regular basis his muscle tone does ok, but since we've not been able to get him there much lately he has become much harder to bend and stretch. I feel like a broken record, but would you please continue to pray for his knee's to bend again, I will not stop asking God for His miraculous touch until we see it happen. I look so forward to the day when God will completely heal Luke, I know it's coming, I don't know when, but I don't doubt it will happen.

Last but not least just wanted to let you know I began teaching swimming lessons again today. I taught at the YMCA for four years many years ago and since I wanted a preschool class for Lily during the Homeschool hour at the Y, I offered to teach the class. I had a wonderful time it was good to be back in the water teaching little ones water safety and how to swim. After the class I took Luke for a swim, he loves going in the water, though I think he might of swallowed some pool water, he has had to be on a little oxygen tonight for the first time in a long time. I'm praying that he will be better by tomorrow morning.

Happy New Year, I pray that this year will be filled with God's wonderful blessings, that we will all experience the touch of His Healing Hands in our lives!

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Suzi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song is going to be in my mind all day now :)!
How great that you are teaching the swimming class!
Praying continued blessings for you Suzi!
love,
Annie

Tammy and Parker said...

Just stopping by to leave you a great big hug!