Friday, October 14, 2011

Erk, Luke has pneumonia once again

This morning I was not surprised to find out that Luke once again has a very bad pneumonia, especially after the nightmare night we had last night. His blood work came back showing that he is brewing a huge infection and his x-ray showed that he has pneumonia in his right lower lobe. The Dr. sent an e-mail telling me about the x-ray and then followed up with a call saying that I needed to get him in there ASAP so that he could get a double shot of antibiotics and then I could pick up his prescription of the other two whopper antibiotics that he will need to be on the next 10 days. He also said if we don't see remarkable improvement by tomorrow then we will need to take him into the hospital.

Here's Luke right after getting his double whammy antibiotic shots

I'm thankful to report that he is doing a little better tonight, though he is still alarming about every 15 - 20 minutes, it's nothing like last night, thank goodness. My prayer is that by tomorrow all the antibiotics that he is currently on will start to kick into high gear and he will start to make a speedy recovery.

We did end up having Amy's birthday party last night, I think we had 24 people come, can you say crazy, yep that's what we are crazy. It was very stressful because Luke was still not doing very good and with that many people over he was even more stressed. Oh well life has to go on, that's what keeps our family healthy, trying to balance Luke's needs with everyone elses, sometimes we suceed at that and other times we don't. We will keep trying to get it right as long as we have to, as we don't have many other options at this time do we?

I'm going to try to go to bed now, hoping to get a few hours of sleep tonight as I have a list a mile long of things that I need to get done tomorrow and then tomorrow night is my graduation/auction for the Pierce County Leadership Advocacy Class I was a part of this past year. I'm glad I was part of that class, I learned so much, but I'm also glad it's one more thing that I won't have to worry about anymore.

It goes without saying that your continued prayers for Luke to get better would be greatly appreciated. Also prayers that I will be able to get all the things I need to get done for the retreat pulled together, as it will be here next week. And last but not least for all the mom's coming to the retreat and their children to be healthy this week and the entire time they are gone.

Thank you,
Luke's Mommy Sue


No comments: