Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I feel like I am living through one nightmare after another, Luke is doing horrible at night once again.

Sometimes I wonder why I ever post good news, yes I know that sounds quite negative, but it's true. After posting my last blog entry Luke did fine that day and the next but by Saturday night we were back to nightmare land. I can't remember the last time I had a full night of sleep, I love the fact that people all have great idea's on what to do and believe me I try most of them, but as of now none of them have worked, though tonight he is doing a tiny bit better.

On Monday I sent an e-mail off to Luke's Pediatrician explaining what was going on with Luke; telling him about the fact that when we would hook up his feeding tube to his g-tube button, it looked like blood was coming out, not fresh blood, but dark black, tinged with red fluid. I also told him that Luke has been sounding horrible at night, needing extra oxygen and to be suctioned every 10 to 15 minutes all night long. I thought perhaps maybe Luke was anemic because of the fact that he's needed so much extra oxygen lately also wondering if indeed the dark fluid coming out of his g-tube was blood, would that be the cause of his low oxygen numbers. After talking with his Dr. we decided that blood work would be a good choice right now for Luke.

I took him in yesterday afternoon and almost immediately learned that Luke's hematocrit was fine, so we knew that wasn't the cause of his problems. Today I got a call from his Dr. saying that his White blood count was very elevated at 19, normal is between 4.5 to 13. Which told us that Luke is still fighting some kind of infection, whether that's pneumonia or something else we are not sure. His Dr. contacted a infectious disease Dr. and they both decided that Luke should finish off his current antibiotic and if he's still not doing better than we should go in for another blood test and x-ray. That is of course as long as he doesn't get much worse, which at that time I would take him in right away.

PLEASE pray that Luke get's completely better, it breaks my heart to see him like this and I know that he is so uncomfortable. I am also in desperate need of a full night of sleep, I hate the fact that I've been getting to bed around 4 to 5 am, this messes up my days as I then need a few hours of sleep, causing me to completley lose my mornings by the time I get up. I've also been feeling a bit shaky, confused and teary which I know is due to the fact that I'm severly sleep deprived.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

PS On a good note I've already had people contacting me about donating to our retreat again this year and just got a check in the mail today. It's exciting to see God's provision for these mom's who like me need a break from the stresses that they live with everyday of their lives. Please pray about helping out this year, every little bit adds up to make a big bit:-)

5 comments:

Jean said...

Praying, praying.

Love,

Jean

Teena said...

So sorry! Praying for Luke!

Much love,
Teena

Anonymous said...

Praying, always. Hope that Luke gets better and that you can get some rest.

annie said...

Sending prayers up Sue.
love you.

kelly said...

Sending prayers for Luke and for rest for you!!!!