Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's been a very trying week

I realize that I said I was going to post about the amazing mom's retreat, but I've had a very hard week and I'm sure after reading this post you will understand why I haven't given that update yet. It all begin the night I got home from the retreat, I was soooo exhausted but I thought I would get a few things done before going to bed when all of the sudden our electricity went out. It stayed off for 12 hours, what a stressful night it was not being able to monitor Luke's numbers, I finally had to go to bed trusting God to take care of him while I got a few hours of sleep. The next day I woke up to a cold dark house knowing that I needed to get the laundry done it was overflowing. The power finally came on around 10:30 am I worked my rear off all day long doing laundry, getting things put away from the weekend, picking up the house, etc . . . That night I wasn't feeling so hot when I went to bed and the next day I woke up sick, I ended up staying in bed all day long, I've only done that about 3 times in the past 10 years.

On Thursday I had to get up and get busy so I ignored the horrible cough and headache, because Luke had 3 appointments that day beginning with his rehab Doc, we decided to try Diazapam to help relax his muscles and do the Baclafen trial again. By the time I got home that night I was feeling miserable, but as y'all know life just doesn't slow down.

Friday I had to take my sister and her husband to the airport then do some grocery shopping for the family. Saturday I got up early I'm in a Leadership Advocacy Training class for our counties Disabilities community that meets once a month, I went straight from there to a financial class I had to make up for being gone the Sunday before, at our church very, very long day. That night Luke had another horrible night, we either had to suction him or reposition him all night long to keep his alarm from going off all night long.

Sunday I went to church barely able to speak from my throat being so raw from all the coughing I had been doing for so many days. I went straight from church to meet my parents for lunch and then back to the church for a financial class we are taking. I dragged myself to bed that night exhausted, feeling horrible. I finally woke up Monday morning realizing that I needed to get to the Doc for my horrible cough, she listened to my lungs and told me I had acute bronchitis, bordering on pneumonia. She was going to write me a note for my employer asking him to give me two days off from work, I jokingly said perhaps she could write it to those at my home instead.

We had a snow storm that night and once again we lost power, which was even harder that night because the temperatures were only in the teens and Luke was on his oxygen concentrator, along with his nasal cannula barely keeping his oxygen numbers in the 90's. I was so tired and not feeling well that I decided I just couldn't handle the stress of life anymore I went to bed crying out to God to keep Luke in his arms knowing that I couldn't do anything more for him. Praise God we woke up to power in the morning and Luke was doing a tiny bit better. After suctioning him and finding thick yellow gunk I decided I should take him into the Doc. The Dr. said that he doesn't have pneumonia, perhaps bronchitis, he gave me an antibiotic to give him if he get's worse today. He also had me take him for an x-ray and it was confirmed that Luke's atalectis is getting better, not completely gone but definitely improving. I got home from that appointment feeling like all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and eventually I did just that. I slept for about 3 hours, which I desperately needed as I was on Luke duty the rest of the night.

I was woke up today by a sweet call from Sabine, one of the mom's that was on the retreat last weekend, telling me she was praying for me, what a huge blessing it was to realize that she was there praying for me as I realize others have been this week. Sometimes I want to be so strong and especially after meeting all the amazing strong mom's I met at the retreat, but then I realize that I too am human and I have my weak moments, as y'all have witnessed if you've read this blog for any amount of time. Today I want to get my house cleaned really good, get the laundry caught up, run some errands and get stuff pulled together for going to Thanksgiving at Pam and Hal's in Seattle tomorrow. I'm going to try to post a blog very soon about the amazing retreat, just be patient with me, thank you.

Love in Christ,
Luke's Mommy Sue

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update. Been thinking about you guys. I'll keep you in my prayers.