Thursday, February 17, 2005

Gordy...


I have been at REI 15 years on January 11th, 2005. I will receive a 4 week paid sabbatical in addition to my normal 4 weeks of vacation. We think we will take a trip at the end of summer and hope to do some traveling. We are not sure where we are going to go, although we do hope to visit with some of you as we travel. I have been a manager at REI for the past 7 years and I recently decided to go back to a technical role, let's face it, I am a techie at heart. This change in roles will allow me to be able to better maintain a balance between work and home. In the picture, I am looking out of a HyperBaric chamber that I recently went into with our youngest son Luke. HyperBaric Oxygenation Therapy (HBOT for short) is a form of treatment that we hope will help Luke recover from his near drowning. As a result of Luke's accident I created this blog to keep family and friends informed of Luke's status. It has been a blessing to be able to share with so many and to feel the love and encouragement in return. We have made many new friendships as well as renewing old ones and we thank God for each one of them.

No comments: